Chapter 115

Des is signing something to Lilly when we walk into the girls' room while Madi is playing with Dalul. I had wondered why Beowulf was the only dog to come hang out with Lexa and I, and I guess this answers that question. As if to remind us she's there, Lupita chirrups, drawing the kids' attention.

"Hey moms," Madi greets us.

She stands and Dalul trots over to us, hoping that we'll give her attention. I reach down and scratch her head.

"Hey. How are you doing? Do you guys like this place?" I ask.

"I like it," Madi says.

"Can we have a picnic outside? Or a bonfire?" Des asks excitedly.

I glance over to Lexa, who's just looking at our daughters with loving eyes. I look back at our kids and nod. "Yeah, I think we might be able to do both."

"And can you train me more?" Madi asks, her eyes bright with excitement.

This time it's Lexa that looks to me, giving me an inquisitive look. I nod and Madi grins widely.

"Mochof (thank you)."

"Pro (you're welcome)," I answer. "Is there anything specific that you girls want for dinner?"

"Just something good." Madi shrugs.

"Meat!" Des says.

"Alright, I think we can manage that." Lexa murmurs. "Someone will come get you when it's ready."

Madi nods and reaches out her hand, clicking her tongue. Dalul perks up and trots back over to her to get more scratches. Lexa and I leave the room as Des starts signing to Lilly again, probably about how she's a good dog. She insisted on learning how to sign more when she realized that Lilly couldn't hear or really tell whenever we verbally tell her that she's a good dog.

Lexa and I head to the kitchen, where we have to walk past Anya and Luna kissing in order to get to where the food is stored. And even then, I have to push against Anya's legs to get her to move (even closer to Luna) so that I can get other things we need.

Lexa starts working on grilling the meat while I work on cutting up some vegetables to be grilled. The spitting and crackling of the fire is accompanied by the occasional smacking sound of lips. Luckily, they aren't kissing deeply enough for me to usher them out of the kitchen and out of a communal space.

Lexa gives me a peck when I push all the vegetables I cut up into the pan. I grin dopily at her and head back to clean the cutting board.

"Clarke, could you make mashed potatoes?" Lexa asks.

"With garlic and butter? Of course, ai hodnes (my love)."

Lexa blows me a kiss and watches me catch it with a grin. I wink at her and give her butt a pat as I pass behind her to grab a peeler. Lexa jumps at first, then turns and gives me a look. I just wink again and Lexa shakes her head softly.

"Hey, what's cooking?" Raven asks as she walks into view. She freezes in place for a moment when she sees that her girlfriends are softly making out kind of out of Lexa and I's way. "Man, is it my birthday?"

"You wish, Reyes." Anya murmurs, finally drawing away from Luna to look at Raven. "We were using our time on vacation wisely."

"That's fair." Raven nods. "But in the kitchen? Why not just like in the living room? It's slightly more private."

"It is hot." Luna deadpans.

Raven smirks and raises her hand. Luna high fives her while Anya sighs, a soft look on her face.

"How about we take this to our room?" Raven asks. I don't even have to look at her face to know that she's wiggling her eyebrows and giving them that smirk of hers.

"How about you keep it in your pants?" I suggest as I peel potatoes. "We're in very close quarters and you guys aren't always... quiet."

"Like you and Lexa are." Raven points out. "Don't worry, we'll keep it in our pants. For now. Besides, we know how to keep each other quiet."

I grimace, not wanting to think about what Raven means. They do end up leaving the kitchen, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Instead of focusing on that, I focus my attention on finishing peeling the potatoes.

After a couple minutes, Lexa leaves what she's working on to walk up behind me and wrap her arms around me. I feel a small smile creep onto my face as she rests her chin on my shoulder.

"I haven't gotten to mashing them yet, hodnes (love). Let alone seasoning them." I say softly. Lexa just hums, her arms tightening around me. "Will the food burn if you don't return to it?"

"If I just leave it there, yes. But it is safe for now. Just being kept warm."

I nod in understanding and hand Lexa the extra peeler I grabbed in case one of the kids wanted to help. Lexa presses her lips to my neck before moving so that she's next to me, taking one of the unpeeled potatoes and beginning to help me.

With Lexa working with me (and occasionally checking on the rest of the food), we make quick work of the peeling. We slice up the potatoes so that they'll be easier to mash and throw the pieces all into a big bowl. It ends up being me that mashed them, with Lexa standing next to me watching me mash them with intense eyes.

"Enjoying the show?" I ask, blowing some hair out of my eyes as I look up into her own dark eyes.

"Mm," Lexa hums in agreement. "I am enjoying the view, as well."

"I'm your wife, so later you can enjoy this all you want." I wink at Lexa and then get back to work, my eyes lingering on her face just long enough to see her jaw drop slightly.

What nerds, I love these ladies! Hello, guess who's back with another fluffy chapter! Me! And I know some of you want more drama, and if I weren't writing this so that we can have a cute ending, I would add more drama! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!