Chapter 26

Clarke's POV

It's been a few days since Luna, Anya, and Raven have left. The days here have mainly been similar, with meetings with ambassadors, hanging out with our pets... It has felt pretty repetitive, but I love spending all my time with Lexa. And today, she's excited about something.

"So what are the plans for today?" I ask, my voice still raspier than usual from sleep.

We have only just gotten up and put on our clothes for today, and Lexa has gone for armor instead of comfier, more casual clothes. She's up to something. I'm curious about what it could be. I have followed her lead and have my armor on as well.

"We have an ambassador's meeting in an hour." Lexa says and I groan dramatically. Lexa chuckles, her expression soft. "I know. It will be a short one, I promise. We have plans for afterwards."

"So can we actually tell people to shut up if they're talking about something that doesn't matter?" I ask hopefully.

"Yes, we can." I fist pump at her response. "We always can, Clarke. We are Hedas."

"You mean we didn't have to listen to that two hour long argument about fish sizes?" I groan.

"No, we did not." Lexa's eyes sparkle with mischief. "I was wondering how long it would take for you to snap at them, but Lupita saved us before that happened."

I lightly punch her arm. "Lexa!"

Lexa chuckles and kisses my cheek. She knows exactly how to make me melt inside. She takes my hands in hers and steps in close, her gentle eyes focused on me. I rest my forehead gently against hers and smile when she purposefully brushes her nose against mine.

"You love me." Lexa murmurs, her beautiful green eyes meeting mine.

I kiss her cute nose. "I really do. So what are we doing today? We don't usually put on our armor."

"We are going somewhere after the meeting." Lexa says cryptically.

"I can tell." I raise an eyebrow at her. "Are you going to tell me where?"

"Not until after the meeting." Lexa answers, smiling beautifully when I sigh.

"Fine. You're lucky you're cute."

"Clarke, I am not cute, I am the Commander." Lexa refutes, frowning.

"Still cute."

I kiss her cheek and grin when she blushes. "See? Cute."

With that, I begin walking out of the room, knowing the meeting will likely be in the throne room. I don't hear Lexa's footsteps behind me for a beat or two.

"Clarke!"

***

This meeting actually has a structure and a purpose, so it's not nearly as boring as talking about fish sizes. This meeting is about finalizing setting up trade routes with and within the three new clans. So it's not super interesting, but it's important. That makes it... slightly less boring.

Luckily, I'm able to focus rather well and offer alternatives when some of the (thankfully small) conflicts arise instead of just wondering about what Lexa and I will be doing later. Not that I'm not immensely curious, I'm just not letting myself think too hard on it.

After the meeting is done and we've said goodbye to all of the ambassadors, I slump back onto my throne. Lexa strides over towards me, amusement clear on her face.

"What's next, Heda?" I ask, fighting the urge to yawn.

I need to wake up. Lexa and I were up late last night. Sadly, not for sexy reasons. We were going over the final proposals for today, which is about as interesting as it sounds. It ran late because we either kept nearly falling asleep or I got bored so I initiated a make out session. Which was always fun, but unproductive.