Chapter 103

Once Raven and my mom enter the room, I know it's time for us to go as well. Raven's lips twitch up into an amused smile before it grows into a wider, genuinely happy one. Mom takes one look at me and her hand goes up to her mouth, her hand shaking slightly. Both of them get teary-eyed and I inhale deeply, trying not to let it affect me. I had Anya help put my warpaint on and I don't want to mess it up.

"You look absolutely gorgeous," Mom breathes out. Her lower lip wobbles. "After your father was killed and you were taken from me... I never thought I would see this day."

She pulls me into a hug and I sink into it, glad that she's with me for my wedding day. I know Dad is watching from the stars, too.

"Don't cry, you're going to make me cry!" I say despite knowing it won't make a difference.

"Please, both of you gay messes are going to be bawling." Raven sounds like she's only half-joking, and to be fair she isn't wrong.

Mom and I pull back from our hug and I purse my lips to conceal my chuckle at the look she gives Raven. Raven grins and holds up her hands, but before she can say anything in her defense, a tiny voice rings out.

"Gay!"

My head turns to look at Destiny, who's now in Artigas' arms. Raven laughs hard enough that she bends over at the force of it, clutching her stomach.

"Des, I will give you an apple if you say that loudly during the wedding." Raven gets out before starting to laugh again.

"Appa!" Destiny says excitedly.

I shake my head fondly. "Shouldn't we get Lucas before we head out? Is he in his room?"

"He's actually right outside the door." Raven answers, gesturing to the door she and my mom had entered through. "Lucas said that he would wait there, we're hoping it'll help center him before we're thrown into the chaos that is outside the Tower."

We head towards the door and I sigh at her words. "Is it that bad? I haven't looked outside today."

"I could lie... But I'm not!" Raven hurriedly adds. "It's pretty bad. I stepped outside for a moment earlier and I could barely see the ground."

"That's... That's a lot of people." I say, exiting the door before the others and letting out a breath and trying not to let the thought of it overwhelm me.

"If it's too much, you can borrow my headphones."

I nearly jump out of my skin in surprise, not having expected to hear Lucas. Sure enough, he's standing next to the door in a nice suit with bulky headphones around his neck.

"Thank you Lucas. I shouldn't need them. I have Lexa to keep me focused."

"And if that doesn't work, I'm very good at pinching." Raven offers, grinning at me as I grimace. She turns to her son. "Ready, buddy?"

Lucas nods and leads us to the elevator. The ride down is startlingly silent, with all of us stuck in our own heads. As if sensing the nerves rising inside of me, Destiny squirms in Artigas' arms until he sets her down and she walks over to me, holding out her hand. I smile softly, taking it with my own. Of course, my hand is laughably larger than hers and as a result nearly completely encompasses her hand, but Destiny doesn't seem to mind. She keeps smiling up at me and I feel those nerves fading slightly.

Once the elevator doors open again, the quiet is broken by the sound of a bunch of people all murmuring and talking quietly to themselves. The guards at the  inside of the doors to the Tower are standing at attention and bow their heads to us when they see us. When we get close to the doors, they slowly open them as I hear the elevator going back up its shaft. Lexa must be ready to come down as well. Gods, that means I'm first.

I take a deep, steadying breath as the doors part to reveal a truly absurd amount of people. I have never seen so many all in one place, packed together to create a sea of people. The ones near the door turn, causing a ripple effect as they all turn to look at us. Destiny squeezes my thumb that she holding onto and I step forward.

The people near the door inch backwards to create a path wide enough for us to pass through, pressing impossibly closer to each other. I glance back at the others and then at the crowd again. My breath steadies as I pull out my Hedatu confidence. I walk forward, keeping my strides slow enough that Destiny can keep up. Raven walks behind me with Lucas, who looked determined when I glanced back, with his hand loosely holding onto Raven's. Raven had looked simultaneously delighted and worried. Mom and Artigas paired off and are bringing up the rear.

We walk in the preplanned directions, out to the left and then straight before curving right to get in a straight line in front of the stage Lexa and I will be getting married on. I walk slowly so that Lexa will have time to catch up, as we had been hoping to meet in the middle and then all walk together to the stage. Somehow, it all works out and as we are just finishing the curve, I can see people parting further in front of me as well, presumably allowing Lexa and her people with her through.

I only need to pause at the spot before we can make a beeline to the stage for a moment before I see the last people parting in front of me, revealing the woman I'm going to marry. My lower lip automatically wobbles with the emotions coursing through my body as I take Lexa in, watching her do the same with me.

It's a good place to leave off, right? Haha I kinda feel bad for leaving it here, literally right before I'm describing what they're wearing, but it works! And the next chapter you shouldn't have to wait as long for hopefully! Apologies about that, my brain just didn't want to function enough in what little free time I had for me to be able to write this book... It was four days straight of less than six hours of sleep :p But hey, on the plus side my car is officially fixed and it cost 1/7th of what I expected it to! Anywho, thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!