Chapter 92

Clarke's POV

The streets of Polis are more packed than I've ever seen them, and there are more people here than I expected, which is saying something. I wonder if when the dancing starts after our wedding, if the ground will begin to shake.

We're making good progress through the crowd, since people are kind enough to get out of our way. But people give us their thanks and wish us well and congratulate us, which does slow us down, even though we appreciate it.

We pull up to the front of the Hedas Tower and the guards immediately head for us, waiting patiently for us to dismount. Some guards begin leading our horses away, after we say goodbye to them of course. I make a mental note to visit them sometime and give them treats as thanks for their patience. No matter how well trained they are, it can't be easy to be so close to that many people for so long.

I reach over and take Lexa's hand and we head to the wagon together, helping the kids get down if they want help. Lucas just shakes his head when we offer, and Lexa and I step back respectfully. We stay close enough where we can help him if he stumbles or falls, but we're out of his way. Lucas climbs down carefully, his brows scrunched together and he gives Anya and Luna a small proud smile when his feet hit the ground without him needing assistance.

Madi is next and I extend my free hand in case she wants it. She grabs on and holds to keep her balance as she climbs down.

"Mochof (thank you)," she says to me before letting go of my hand and turning around. "Des, let me help you down."

"Deedee!" Destiny moves to the edge of the wagon and Madi carefully scoops her up and sets her down on the ground next to her. Destiny giggles and tugs at Madi's shirt. "Again, again!"

Madi smiles softly at her new little sister. "Maybe later, okay? We've got to let Raven get down too."

"Waven! Pookie?"

Raven looks around and picks up Destiny's stuffed bear, leaning down to hand it to Destiny. She takes it and hugs it tightly, happiness clear on her face.

"Tank oo!"

"You're welcome, kiddo. Now Clarke, Lexa? Can you help me down? I don't trust my leg to hold me up if I jump."

"There's a step," I point out.

"Which you will help me down with," Raven says.

I smile, shaking my head fondly. Lexa and I help Raven get down and she lets out a pained grunt when her foot touches the ground.

I frown at her. "Are you okay? Do we need to call my mom?"

"No need for Mama Griffin, Commander Griffin is just as good. I'm okay. Ish. It's just acting up, I think it was all the traveling."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

I know Raven hates when people ask this kind of thing ("like they know my body better than I do. Pfft. It's my leg), but I know she'll understand that I'm asking because I'm concerned, not because I think she doesn't know her body or anything.

"I'm good, Clarke. It's just sore. I'll be okay, I'm going to be resting it until the wedding."

"You? Resting? That's a sight I would like to see," I joke.

"Her definition of resting is different than ours," Anya says. "Tell them what you plan to do while resting."

"I said I would rest my leg, not just sit around like a cabbage! I have a workbench I can have on the bed-"

"The spare bed," Luna interjects from where she's helping unload our things. "I love you Raven, but I will not sleep on saw dust and metal shavings again."

"That was one time!"

"Three," Luna corrects her.

"Fine," Raven huffs. "I'm going to build a part for my work chair that's either removable or retractable that I can rest my leg on."

"How is that resting?" I ask.

"Once it's built, I can work and rest my leg at the same time. And hey, by now you should know that I'm not that person who's going to do crossword puzzles or puzzles when I'm resting. At least I'm not building explosives or anything!"

"You will not be building or working with explosives while we have Lucas," Anya says in a tone that leaves no room for argument.

Raven turns serious and takes Anya's hand. "I know, I've already locked everything like that away in one of the storage rooms in the Tower. All my potentially dangerous tools are also locked away in storage lockers in my workshop. I'm not taking any risks like that, babe."

Anya nods, kissing the back of Raven's hand. "Good. I just wanted to make sure. I know you are responsible, striksora (little bird)."

Luna begins letting out the pets as Raven responds. "I know you know. Now let's finish putting everything away so Luna, you, and I can go upstairs and f-" She cuts herself off and glances at the kids. "Make out."

None of the adults are fooled, and I don't think Madi is either, judging by her disgusted expression.

The guards begin helping us bring everything upstairs as the pets and children follow us to the elevator. Lucas is scared at first, probably since he didn't expect Grounders to have an elevator, but quickly becomes fascinated at how it works and asks Lexa and Raven questions.

We all head towards our respective rooms and I stop Raven before we part ways. "If you send Lucas and the dogs to the throne room, we can watch him for you. But not all night, because his first night here should be with his family."

Raven nods. "Thank you. We'll come pick them up after a couple hours. And thanks for watching the pets too, because sometimes they think we're playing and jump up and it gets awkward real fast."

I laugh. "No problem. Just try to keep the noises contained."

"No promises, but I'll try to make it not reach two floors down to the throne room." Raven winks before following her family.

What's this? A chapter posted on time? Weird, right? Next chapter, we get closer to the Clexa wedding! Whoo! :) Now I'm off to try to hit 1200 hours on Skyrim (I'm six away!)! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!