Chapter 38

Clarke's POV

Raven sits back down, beaming at us. "Luna was so sure that it was going to be Lexa, but I knew it would be Clarke! Thanks, by the way, now Luna will give me a free massage."

Anya raises an eyebrow and gives Raven a look. "Luna and I already give you free massages."

"Yes, but not because I won a bet. This isn't just a free massage, it's a victory massage." Raven explains and then turns back to us. "Okay. How did it happen? Was Clarke super romantic?"

"She was." Lexa confirms. "She came in as I was teaching the Natblidas, going over a lesson with them."

"Ah. Yes, many have become infatuated with Lexa when she is around children." Anya says. "I have had to deter many women, and a few men despite the fact that they know she cannot be attracted to them."

Lexa blinks. "You have?"

"Yes. It was very uncomfortable. For them, at least." Anya smirks. "It was quite entertaining. You are a heartbreaker, Lexa."

Lexa's cheeks are flushed and I kiss her cheek, chuckling softly. She smiles back at me and I squeeze her hand in mine.

"Hey love nerds, snap out of it!" Raven calls. I give her a look but she just grins. "I think Clarke is going to be baby crazy soon if they keep hanging around with the Natblidas."

I stick my tongue out at her. "If slash when we have kids, we'll adopt an older kid, not a baby. And I know you want kids too, Rae."

"At least I can admit it. Stop avoiding the subject, how did you propose? I know it was super sappy." Raven leans forward, grinning.

"I wasn't avoiding..." I sigh. "I basically got down on one knee and rambled on about how amazing Lexa is and how much I love her and then proposed."

"Aww. Would I cry if I heard what you said?" Raven asks.

"Yes," Lexa answers without hesitation. "I nearly cried. You would be sobbing."

"Oh my god." Raven presses a hand to her heart, beaming at us. "I love your guys' relationship. Did Clarke get so nervous that she kept rambling? Like even when you're like 'Clarke' she doesn't notice and keeps going?"

Lexa chuckles. "How did you know? Yes, she did that. It was very cute."

"So what happened next? First there was the Natblidas, then Clarke drops to one knee and rambles, and then..."

"Lexa's dead silent. Like staring at me with wide eyes. I'm panicking because she's just standing there. I thought I broke her for a second. Then she says yes, and I slip the ring on her finger."

"Hold up, you already had a ring when you proposed? Like you were prepared to propose?" Raven looks at me wide-eyed. "You knew you were going to propose and didn't tell me, your best friend?"

"Lexa's my best friend," I correct her.

Raven pouts but it doesn't stay. "Stop being such a good couple! Ugh, I'm trying to be mad and you say cute crap. Seriously though, Griffin, you went ring shopping without me?"

"You were already gone!" I protest. "I didn't want to interrupt your time together."

Raven huffs and changes the subject. "Can I see the rings?"

"Of course," I agree easily.

I reach out my hand, holding it up close to the camera. Lexa goes next and shows them hers.

"I like them." Anya admits. "It appears that the jewel is slightly extended past the band of the ring."

"Yes, I like that." Lexa runs a finger over the surface of the ring. "If I were to punch someone, the jewel would cut them."

I grin at Lexa. "That wasn't exactly something I was thinking about when I was buying it, but I'll take it. I have a feeling that it'll come in handy sometime, especially with us as the Hedas."

Lexa hums and pecks my lips.

"May I see them side by side? Are they the same?" Luna asks, leaning forward.

Lexa and I both hold up our hands this time and Raven lets out a laugh. "Ha! You nerds coordinated them, right? Blue for Clarke's eyes and green for Lexa's?"

I blush. "... Yes. That was how I bought them, with the green and blue."

"We are so going to have to plan your wedding when we get back. Speaking of your impending wedding, have you told  your mom yet?" Raven asks.

I sigh. "No. She's next after you guys."

"Oh. I'll just keep us talking for as long as I can, then." Raven grins.

"Do you think she going to react badly?" I worry.

"Nah, she loves you, Clarke. She'll probably want you to come up and visit her or something, though. Oh! You could link it in with the other new clans, say it's to make sure everything's running smoothly and that they're following the rules."

"That's actually a really good idea. What do you think, babe?"

"I think it will be a good thing. It will give us a chance to check up on the new clans and we will be able to see your mother."

"Works for me. Can I wait until then to tell her?"

"No," Raven and Luna say at the same time, earning an amused look from Anya.

"Fine. Distract me, Raven. What's going on with you guys?"

"We have a new puppy." Raven provides and my eyes widen. 

"You what?"

"Yeah." Raven clicks her tongue and leans off the screen before coming back up with an adorable wolf pup in her hands. "This is Beowulf. Like that hero guy. And it's a pun! Get it? Beo-wulf?"

I chuckle. "Got it. Where the heck did you find him?"

"His little foot was caught in a trap. We saved him, and he likes us so he's ours now. Wulfy is blind in his left eye too. Poor little guy has had a rough life." Raven pouts and then beams when Beowulf licks her face.

Next chapter, more of them talking! I've missed having them all in the same place, but it's difficult to account for everyone there... Also, hopefully this is good because I had major writers block while writing most of this! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing commebts! Stay awesome!