Chapter 100!

Clarke's POV

The next day, Lexa and I spend time with our daughters while simultaneously trying to help figure out last minute wedding stuff. Meanwhile, Mom spends the day with her other daughter.

The day rushes by and before we know it, we're tucking Madi and Destiny in bed. Lexa and I head back to our room and eagerly climb into bed.

"Our wedding is so soon," I breathe out from where I'm cuddled up against my fiancée.

"It is. Two more days, ai hodnes (my love), until we are officially bound to each other." Lexa murmurs.

I smile softly and lean in to press a gentle, loving kiss to her lips. "I can't wait."

Lexa smiles warmly and presses a kiss to my forehead. We both move a bit to get more comfortable and then fall asleep easily wrapped up in each other.

I wake up to a hesitant knock to our door.

"Heda? Hedatu? Abby Griffin is here. Would you like me to send her away?"

"No, it's alright." I say as Lexa begins waking up as well. "Just stall her for a moment please, when we're ready we'll open the doors."

"Sha (yes) Hedatu."

There are quiet voices outside the door, probably as the guard relays what I've said or as they begin to stall my mother.

"Babe, we need to get dressed." I whisper.

Lexa groans but sits up, dislodging me as she blinks the sleep from her eyes. She stretches and takes a deep breath before getting completely out of bed and heading over to her dresser where she keeps her non-armor and non-official clothing. I reluctantly get out of bed and steal one of her shirts from her dresser before beginning to get dressed. Lexa gives me an amused look as I take her shirt.

"You are going to stretch my shirt again." Lexa says.

"Mm hmm. And are you complaining?" I joke, winking at her before I pull her shirt over my head.

Her eyes fall to my breasts and linger for just a moment. "No. You look good in my clothes."

I press a kiss to her lips and we finish getting dressed. I open the door to our room and thank the guard before letting my mom walk in.

"Good morning." My mom says as she pulls me into a hug while the doors close behind us.

"Morning." I hug her back.

"My baby girl is getting married tomorrow." The roughness in her voice tells me that she's probably on the verge of tears.

"I can hardly wait," I admit, smiling over at where Lexa is standing nearby.

Mom pulls back and after silently making sure it's okay with my fiancée, she hugs Lexa too.

"I know how hectic the day before my wedding was, so I figured I would offer to help in any way I can."

"Mochof (thank you), we appreciate that." Lexa says as she pulls back from the hug.

"Pro (you're welcome)." Lexa and I both blink in surprise but grin happily at how my mom is working on learning the language. "So. What are you planning on doing today?"

"The same thing we did yesterday, pretty much." I shrug. "Spend time with our daughters and help with whatever issues arise. We mostly have other people working on what needs to be done."

Mom nods. "Alright. What can I do to help?"

Lexa and I exchange a glance, but it's Lexa who thinks of something first. "I am sure that there will be a lot more things that need finalizing as well as things that may take us away from the throne room. If you could, it would be wonderful if you could keep an eye on the girls, spend time with them when we inevitably get busy."

A delighted smile quickly spreads across my mom's face. "I would be more than happy to do that!"

"Thank you," I say.

"And I do have a question. Not about the girls, about the wedding." Mom clarifies, waiting for me to nod before she continues. "Tonight's the night before your wedding, yes? I know it was a tradition, not on the Ark but in Old Earth, to sleep apart from your partner."

"We talked about it briefly, but quickly came to the conclusion that we wanted to spend the night together. I don't know how well I would sleep without her," I admit. Lexa reaches out in response and takes my hand in hers. "We will be keeping apart until the ceremony tomorrow, though."

"I will miss you," Lexa says quietly so that only I hear. I bring up her hand so that I can kiss the back of it.

"Me too," I whisper back before looking back at my mom. "Does that answer your question?"

Mom nods. "It does. I understand, Jake and I were the same way the night before we got married. We contemplated sleeping apart, but after five minutes of trying to fall asleep without each other, we gave up." She smiles sadly. "We figured it was our last night before we became husband and wife, our last night as fiancées, so we wanted to spend it together."

"We feel the same way," Lexa says.

Mom smiles more warmly at us, nostalgia in her eyes. She shakes her head slightly as if trying to snap herself out of it. "Do you need to do anything else, should I wait in the throne room for you to arrive?"

"No, you're more than welcome to come with us to wake up the girls. We'll have breakfast sent up to the throne room," I say.

With that, we head out and to Madi's room first. I knock on the door and Madi opens it a moment later, already dressed and she smiles at us before stepping out of her room, closing the door behind her.

Our knocking on Destiny's room wakes her up, so we all help get her up and dressed before we go to the throne room together.

Question! Do you guys want me to skip right to the wedding day, write out this day, or skip to the night before/morning (ft. soft smut of course)? And sorry for the delay, I really thought that I would have time to write this all yesterday! I, in fact, did not... But! I have a good excuse! I got to meet Hayley Kiyoko, got to be awkward and hug her, and see her in concert! I'm still like not convinced that that actually happened... And I'm high-key tempted to make the picture I have of her and me my profile picture on all of my social medics so I can finally change the TARDIS icon I've had for 5+ years... Also, I'm about to go to a consultation later to talk about the tattoo I want to get! And Metro Detroit's Pride starts Sunday, so some of my friends and I are planning on going! Everything's kind of happening at once, but that's Pride Month in 20gayteen for you! Anywho! Thank you all for reading and for all of your comments (if you asked a question and I didn't respond, sorry! I've been super busy and honestly haven't been able to find the time)! Stay awesome!