Chapter 57

Clarke's POV

"Oh that poor girl." Mom sighs and deflates.

There's silence as she processes everything and then, to Lexa and I's surprise, she starts chuckling.

"Mom?"

"Sorry, it's just that you two remind me of Jake and myself. We had you on the way before we were married." She lets out a breath. "What I'm trying to say, sweetie, is that I support you. I was a little shocked at first, but then again so were Jake and I's parents when we told them. And I expect you two to show me your little girl sometime."

I grin, relief coloring my voice. "Thank you, Mom. And yes, of course. We'll talk to her about this technology and set up a time. New things, especially technology, scare her."

Mom shakes her head. "That's not what I mean. If you can, I would like you all to come to ArkKru before your wedding so I can see my new granddaughter face to face."

"She's not-" I try to correct her, my cheeks heating.

"Yet," Mom cuts me off before I can finish my sentence.

I huff and nod. "Yeah. Yet. I just, I don't know. Even though you are my Mom, just visiting ArkKru before our wedding could be seen as favoritism."

Mom nods, her eyebrows screwing up in the way they do when she's thinking really hard. "What if... What if you visit the three new clans? You could spin it as checking up on us and wanting to make sure everything is going alright before your wedding."

I think over what she said and try to did flaws, arguments that I can't fight that the ambassadors will bring up. But I can't find anything I can't fight. I look over at Lexa, wondering if her experience will tell her otherwise or if she can think of something I haven't yet. Lexa's eyes flick from side to side like she's reading something invisible. Her lips purse slightly and she squints and looks off to the left, then meets my eyes and nods.

"That should work," Lexa says. "It will also satisfy the clans that have been with the Coalition longer that their Hedas are not taking the additions lightly and are keeping an eye on them."

Huh. That is something I didn't think of. "So you're okay with going? It'll mean longer before we can get married," I point out.

I'm not trying to change her mind or anything, just trying to have all the cards on the table before she makes a decision.

Lexa nods. "I am sure, as long as you and the others are okay with it." Lexa's face softens and she takes my hands in hers, focused solely on me. "Clarke, I am already yours and you are already mine. Our marriage ceremony will merely show that off to the world. I am sure. I would like to check up on the clans anyway. I was going to suggest we do so after our honey sun."

I cock my head. "Honeymoon?"

"Yes, that is the word." Lexa nods.

"Alright. I'm okay with going too, as long as the others are as well."

"You want to bring Raven, Anya, and Luna along," Lexa observes.

"Yeah. They just got back from a trip and I've missed them, I don't what to spend another long period of time without them if we can help it." I admit.

"Does that mean you're planning on coming soon?" Mom asks excitedly.

Lexa and I exchange a glance. "We'll talk to the girls and call you again tomorrow. Hey, is it alright if we bring our pets? I know that will be a deal breaker for at least Raven," I murmur the last sentence to Lexa, who chuckles and nods.

"Yes, of course! I would love to meet them too."

"Just to warn you, Raven will probably refer to her pets as her children," I say.

Mom blanches. "Why?"

I shrug. "Ask her. I don't know."

Someone speaks in the background and Mom's head turns. When she turns back to the screen, her brows are furrowed once again.

"Sorry, girls, I need to get going in a moment. Let me know after you talk to them, please."

"We will. Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, just a surgery I need to get prepped for. I love you both, and I'll talk to you soon."

"Love you too, Mom. Talk to you soon. Bye," I say.

"Bye," Mom says with a warm smile to us.

The device hums and the screen turns off, signaling a loss of connection. I fiddle with the dials to get it to completely turn off, not wanting to waste whatever energy source we're powering this with.

"Clarke," Lexa says as I finish. I look over at her and she looks surprised. "She said she loves us both."

"You're pretty much her other daughter by now. It's just not official yet." I nudge Lexa's shoulder with my own, giving her a soft smile.

Lexa wraps an arm around my waist and I cuddle with her. We wait until we're both less emotional and have gathered our thoughts before leaving to speak to the others.

Anya and Madi are sitting on the floor, playing what looks like an intense card game when we walk in, to our surprise. Luna and Raven are sitting next to them, cheering them on. Though they're not really good cheerleaders since they're cheering for both (Raven more enthusiastically than Luna).

"Hey. How'd it go?" Raven asks when she notices us. Which is a good two or three minutes after we arrive. I guess she's really immersed in this game.

"Better than we expected," I admit. "Mom wants to meet her."

"We can both bring our children!" Raven suggests, her eyes lighting up.

"Miss Raven, you don't have children." Madi points out. "And neither do the Hedas."

Raven points to Lilly, who's cuddled up in her lap. "Yes we do."

Madi giggles. "Pets are not children."

Raven leans forward with a smirk. "Are you sure?"

Aah, I'm proud of myself for finishing this chapter! I drove home today after my planned drive home yesterday was delayed due to a crap load of snow and a winter weather advisory :/ And I've been catching up with my parents like all day after I got home at three, it's nine pm now and I'm only just finishing this haha. Next chapter, talking! If anything in this chapter was weird, I blame the 5:30 am fire alarm that went off and made five hundred tired college students go outside this morning. During finals week! Anyway! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!