Chapter 94

Raven's POV

Once we're all tired out from the running around, we head to the dining area to eat. Luckily, Lexa thought ahead and asked a guard to tell the chef to make us food. When we get to the dining room, it's all ready for us. There's even food for the pets, who are very happy about that if the way the scramble to get over to their respective bowls are any indication.

The pets start eating immediately while we all sit down. My stomach growls loudly, earning me an amused look from Clarke.

"What? I had a good workout."

"Raven, you were on Anya's ba..." Clarke trails off and closes her eyes, nodding to herself and then opening her eyes. "Yeah, I didn't want to know that."

"I certainly was on Anya," I say with a wink at Clarke. I laugh when she scrunches up her nose in an exaggerated look of disgust.

"Raven, it was Anya that was on you earlier." Luna points out softly in my ear.

I flush. Yeah, she was. Clarke reaches over and snaps her fingers in front of my face to snap me out of my hot-girlfriend induced haze. I come back to the present and grin apologetically at her. We begin eating and it takes a lot more than I expected not to moan at the taste. Nothing against anyone else who has cooked for us since we left, but the head chef here really knows what they're doing.

Dinner is full of brief conversations between everyone until Clarke pulls Lexa off to the side to speak to her alone. Luna and Anya engage the kids while I look over at my best friends and listen in. I may be nosey, but I'm also concerned about my friends.

"My mother will be arriving tomorrow morning," Clarke says quietly.

Luckily, they only have eyes for each other, otherwise they would notice me blatantly staring at them and listening in. Actually, they both are pretty perceptive so I wouldn't be surprised if they both know I'm listening to them.

"I am aware," Lexa responds just as quietly. "You did not pull me aside just to inform me of that, ai hodnes (my love). What is wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, I promise. It's just..." Clarke pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful like she's trying to find the right words. "You know how my mom sent a courier ahead to tell us when she'll arrive?" She waits for Lexa to nod before she continues. "Well she mentioned something else in her letter. It, um, it isn't bad. She just wants to spend time with you."

Lexa blinks. "Me? Why? I would have thought she would want to spend time with her daughter, or her grandchildren."

"In a few short days, you'll be her daughter too," Clarke reminds her. They both have soft sappy smiles on their faces and now that I know that this isn't a bad thing I should probably let them have their moment, but will I? Yes, except I'll be staring at them.

"How about this, ai hodnes (my love)? I spend time with your mother tomorrow morning and afternoon, and during the evening we spend time together as a family. After all, she has not met Destiny yet."

Clarke nods. "Yeah, that works."

They kiss sweetly and I turn more awkwardly in my chair to make it seem like I'm only now looking at them. "Hey love nerds! Stop making out and spend time with us!"

Clarke gives me a semi-exasperated, semi-amused look and they return to their seats. Lexa pulls out Clarke's chair like the gentlewoman she is, and I bat playfully at Luna's arm.

"Hey, why don't you two do that for me?" I joke.

"I let you ride me earlier, is that not enough?" Anya says straight-faced, lifting up one eyebrow.

I smirk. "You know I love to ride you..."

"Okay!" Clarke says a bit louder than she means to, making most of us jump a little. "So how is dinner?"

***

After dinner, we go our separate ways. Luna, Anya, and I walk with Lucas towards where we live. We stop outside our room and let him in. He wasn't in here for very long earlier, so we take the time to show him around more thoroughly. It isn't long until he notices a door that doesn't head to the hallway or to our bathroom.

"Where does this go?" He asks, pointing to the door and looking at us curiously.

"That goes to your room," I explain. "You're going to be right next to us, and you can always knock on our doors if you need us, okay? If we're ever not available for some reason, the guards will be more than happy to help."

Lucas nods. "Okay."

"Would you like to see your room?" Luna asks. "We had the guards bring your things to it already."

"May I build in my room?" He asks.

I nod. This is something we've discussed. "You may. But nothing dangerous, and if you're not sure please come get one of us. And try not to stay up too late, alright?"

Lucas nods again. Anya opens the door to his room and holds it open for us. Lucas walks in and his eyes go wide as he looks around.

"It's big," he breathes out.

"It is yours," Anya says as she closes the door behind us.

Lucas' face lights up. "Thank you."

Lucas walks around, inspecting everything. Anya, Luna, and I stand together, watching him happily. Seeing him this happy is worth everything.

"Do you want us to leave for the night, or do you want us to help you unpack?" Luna asks softly, drawing Lucas' gaze away from a workbench I sent word to have delivered as Lucas agreed to come with us.

"May you please help me?"

"Of course," Anya answers. "Just let us know where you would like your things to go and we will put them there."

Next chapter, Destiny's first night in Polis! Then Lexa and Abby bonding time! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!