Chapter 36

Clarke's POV

Light streams in through the window and I stretch out my limbs, smiling at the familiar soreness in my muscles. I yawn softly and cuddle back against the warmth at my back. Lexa mumbles in her sleep and tightens her arms around me. I close my eyes again and fall back asleep, content in her arms.

I wake up to someone kissing my face. Not like Lexa, when she does this she kisses my cheeks and my lips but this isn't that. This is sloppy, slobbery face kisses. I can hear Lexa chuckling behind me, still spooning me, as I scrunch my nose and groan, peeking one eye open to see it's Dalul licking my face.

"Really?" I grumble sleepily.

Dalul pauses her attack, her tail thumping against the furs as she gives me a puppy grin, her tongue lolling out as she pants happily. I squint at her, feeling the haze of sleep slowly leaving me. I sigh and scratch behind her ears, making her tail thump harder.

"You're too cute to stay mad at. You have that in common with Lexa."

I can hear Lexa's amused chuckle from behind me and she kisses the back of my neck affectionately. I continue scratching Dalul's head and she seems to think it's some kind of game. I have my hand on top of her head as I scratch at her. She turns her head from side to side with her mouth open until she ducks her head out from under my hand and begins nibbling on my fingers. I give her a look and pull my fingers from her mouth with a whimper that I'm hoping will make her think that her nibbling hurt me, so maybe she won't do it again.

"Are you okay?" Lexa asks worriedly.

"It worked on one puppy, I just hope it worked on the other." I mutter to myself jokingly. "I'm okay. I just thought that if I make it sound like she hurt me, she won't nibble anymore."

Lexa nods against my shoulder. "Smart."

"And since I'm guessing she's nibbling because she's hungry, you're going to get up and feed them."

Lexa groans, her warm breath fanning across my back. "Why?"

"You laughed when she nibbled on me. You let a puppy lick my face to wake me up."

"Was it not a good way to wake up?" Lexa asks and I turn over to face her.

"Puppies are cute, and I love Dalul. But would you like to wake up feeling a tongue on your face?" Lexa wrinkles her nose. "Exactly. Now go on." I pat her butt. "Feed them and then come back to me."

Lexa nods and gives me a quick kiss before getting out of bed. "Alright. I will ask the guards to bring some food for us as well."

"Thanks. But babe?" Lexa turns back to me. "Maybe don't ask them for food while you're naked."

Lexa looks down and flushes. She grabs a spare fur and wraps it tightly around herself before padding to the door. She opens it and I can hear the guard at the door clear their throat, no doubt flustered by the sight of their Commander in nothing but a fur. To be honest, I'm kind of flustered too and I spent all of last night worshipping her beautiful body. I can hear her speak softly but with the combination of how it's muffled by the distance and stuff as well as how amazing Lexa's legs look, peeking out from underneath the fur.

Lexa closes the door again. "They say it should be up in a little bit."

"So does that mean no more... fun activities?" I ask, knowing my voice is getting raspy in that way that Lexa loves.

Sure enough, Lexa bites her bottom lip. Then her gaze flickers to the door and she sighs. "Not until after we eat. We need our strength, hodnes (love)."

I hum and watch as Lexa tosses the fur right back onto the bed, probably to grab when she needs to get the food from the guards. She walks over to Dalul and Lupita, who are patiently waiting for her. She gets out their food from the storage unit we have been keeping it in and then places it in their respective bowls. They wait until Lexa gives the okay for them to eat.

"Choj op (eat)." Lexa says and they both begin scarfing it down.

Lexa busies herself with doing small things around the room like straightening some of her candles while we wait for our breakfast.

"Babe." I say and Lexa looks up at me. "You don't have to straighten up the candles. Neither of us are straight and our room doesn't have to be either."

Lexa snorts in amusement and there's a knock on the door. Lexa wrap the fur around her once more and thanks the guard before coming back in carrying a tray with our breakfast on it. She closes the door and drops the fur again.

I lick my lips. "Looks delicious."

Lexa hums. "Yes, we have a lot of good chefs here."

"I wasn't talking about the food."

Lexa's eyes widen and she looks down at herself again, her cheeks flushed pink. "Oh."

"Mm. Let's eat so we can do more fun things before we have our first meeting of the day."

Lexa agrees and we eat quickly. I set our plates aside and straddle Lexa. She sits up and places her hands on my bare hips.

"Clarke. Should we tell the ambassadors we are engaged?" Lexa murmurs, our lips brushing tantalizingly.

"Not yet. I want to tell Raven, Anya, and Luna first." I answer.

Lexa smiles against my lips. "Me too."

We both give in at the same time and press our lips firmly against each other. I kiss her deeper and Lexa leans back against the headboard. I get lost in the kiss and I'm reaching down between us to touch Lexa when a thought occurs to me and I pull back from her. I drop my head onto Lexa's shoulder and groan. Not a sexy groan, a float me groan.

"What?" Lexa asks, concerned.

"Jok ai (f*ck me), I have to tell my mom." I groan again.

Ouch! How's mama Griffin going to respond? How are Raven, Anya, and Luna going to respond? We'll probably get to at least one next chapter! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!