Chapter 20

After a surprising amount of paperwork, we're allowed to bring our new pets home. We all decide to get freshened up and then meet up in the throne room. Lexa and I don't take very much time getting ready, but we spend the rest of the time making out.

We only pull apart when I feel something weird going up my spine. I pull back in alarm but Lexa laughs when she sees what it is.

"What? What is it?" I ask.

Lexa just scoops up Dalul and watches me with amusement. Another couple of seconds and the feeling has traveled up to my shoulder. Expecting to see a giant spider or something horrifying, I mentally brace myself and look over. I nearly scream when I see piercing green eyes but relax when I realize it's just our cat.

Lupita kneads at my shirt and curls up on my shoulder, apparently unaware of my panicking. I glare at Lexa, who let me panic when she knew it was just Lupita.

"I wanted to keep you on your toes." Lexa says, impressively using a Skaikru saying correctly.

"You better keep 'on your toes.' " I threaten.

Lexa nods but doesn't seem too concerned. She walks over with Dalul still in her arms. She leans in and kisses me softly, making me melt inside. I'm still... not mad, but unhappy with her. Then Lexa pulls back and kisses my nose sweetly and all of my negative feelings towards her vanish. She's too cute to stay angry at.

Since Lexa is holding our new dog, she doesn't have any hands free. I loop my arm that doesn't have Lupita curled up on the shoulder around Lexa's arm, like a couple from one of those black and white romance movies my mother loved.

We walk like that towards the throne room. Raven, Anya, Luna, and Lilly are already there, waiting for us. Lilly seems to be back in Anya's arms instead of that carrier the pet place gave us. She has also fallen asleep in Anya's arms, and is making the most adorable noises, to Luna and Raven's amusement. Lilly makes soft snoring noises as she makes large inhales and her little legs twitch along with whatever she's dreaming about.

"Hey." I say to alert them to our presence.

Raven looks up and laughs. "The kitten got you too, Griff?"

"The best part was, she was not expecting to be climbed, and freaked out about what it could be." Lexa says and I give her a teasing death glare.

Raven laughs, delighted by that revelation. "I love your cat already!"

Luna places a hand on Raven's shoulder, grabbing her attention. "Shall we introduce our pets?"

"Sure, sounds good to me." Raven says.

She uses Luna's assistance to sit on the floor. Raven has found it's difficult to sit on the floor with her brace on her own, and she loves that her girlfriends don't make a huge deal out of it when she asks them to help her. Instead of the sympathy or pity she's usually gotten, with them she can only feel their pride. How happy and proud they are that she's with them, and that she feels safe asking them for assistance. It's just one of the many things she loves about them.

Everyone follows suit and sits on the ground, being careful not to jostle their precious cargo. Lexa places down Dalul, who begins sniffing around curiously. Lupita gets down as well, taking her time getting up and then leaping off of Clarke's shoulder, landing softly on the ground.

Raven snorts in amusement. "Hey, Lexa, she already takes after you! Dramatic and loves cuddling with Clarke!" Lupita blinks up slowly at Raven, who bursts out laughing.  "She even has your unimpressed expression down! Oh, this is too good!"

"She is like Lexa physically as well." Luna points out. "Black and brown fur, like Lexa's hair and armor. And they have the same colored eyes."

"They do!" Raven gasps out, raising her hand for a high five. Luna complies, amusement on her face.