Chapter 21

Raven's POV

It's the day that Luna, Anya, and I are going to be leaving. Lexa and Clarke are meeting us outside, by the stable, to say goodbye. We walk over there, most of our stuff we will be needing already packed. So we walk down together, with Anya carrying the small dog carrier we bought from one of the stalls in the market the other day.

Luckily, Lilly doesn't seem to mind being in her carrier, and I've taken it upon myself to improve it and make it the coolest dog carrier ever (and the comfiest). I have scraps of clothes from the three of us in there too, so she can also get used to our scents as well as be comforted by them if she gets scared or something.

I'm the lucky one who gets to actually carry Lilly, who's more than happy to cuddle up in my arms or lick my face or hands. She's the cutest thing and I would honestly die for her.

The doors to the stables are open and we walk in to see Lexa and Clarke, waiting for us already. The stable hands rush around, avoiding looking at us and getting our horses ready. I know we could be doing that, but it's a pain and I don't really want to (cleaning out hooves sucks and saddles are heavy).

Anya sets down the carrier but I don't really want to set down Lilly, she's small and there's a bunch of mud on the ground. Anya grasps Lexa's arm, then Clarke's, murmuring out her goodbyes. I groan loud enough for them to turn to face me.

"Hug them, you dork!" I urge her.

Anya rolls her eyes but complies, opening up her arms. Lexa looks about as comfortable with this as Anya does, but I know that they'll secretly like the hug. Lexa and Clarke hug her at the same time and I beam at them proudly. I walk over to them as they're still hugging and join in as best I can while still holding Lilly.

"Group hug!" I say. "Get in here, Luna!"

Luna chuckles and joins the hug. She laughs when Lilly gets excited in my arms because she's surrounded by her favorite people and starts furiously licking the people's faces who are closest to her. Lexa, Anya, and I end up with wet cheeks and jaws. By puppy kisses, not tears, which makes it so much better!

We pull apart and I keep a hold on Lilly to make sure she doesn't climb on someone else. I giggle when she starts lathering me with more kisses. Lilly settles after another moment and yawns adorably. She's such a puppy. I resist the urge to coo at her, knowing she won't be able to hear it.

"You three be safe, okay?" Clarke says, looking like a concerned mother hen.

"We will. There is a low chance we will come across anything dangerous, and you know we can all handle ourselves." Luna points out.

Clarke nods. "Yeah. I'm going to miss you guys."

"We won't be gone long, Griff. You can't get rid of us for too long." I tease, winking at her.

Clarke smiles sadly. "I know. It's just going to be weird without you guys here. Quieter."

"Hey!" I say, pretending to take offense. "I resent that remark."

"You resemble that remark." Clarke retorts, causing me to chuckle. "But seriously. I know Floukru has at worst, some bandits and pirates... I just want you to be careful."

I soften, knowing she's concerned. "We will be. And hold up. Pirates?"

"We are Floukru, Raven." Luna says, sounding amused. "That means 'Boat People.' Our people use boats mainly to fish in the ocean. There are the occasional pirates who will try to steal food, or if there's a ship with important cargo transferring between clans, some pirates will attempt to raid them."