Chapter 99

Clarke's POV

I watch as my mom practically melts when Destiny's gaze is turned on her and grin to myself. I know exactly what that feels like. It's what I feel every time I look at my family. Destiny reaches out with her small hand outstretched and makes a grasping motion.

Mom seems confused at first but then gets closer so that Destiny can properly touch her face. Destiny presses her hand to Mom's cheek and her head cocks to the side like she's trying to figure out something difficult.

"Clack's Mama?" She asks.

"Yeah, sweetie. I'm Clarke's mom." Abby says, giving me an amused look. "Abby, if you're going with names."

"Abba!" Destiny says and I fail to hide my snort of amusement.

"You could always call me grandma if you're comfortable with that." Mom says, shooting me a look and I just smirk back. She's never going to hear the end of this.

"Nana!"

"That works too," Mom murmurs.

I watch, my smirk growing into a soft smile, as Destiny begins patting at Mom's face. Mom looks surprised at first but then just lets it happen.

We stay in this moment for a little bit before I look outside at the sky and notice that it's almost time for dinner. "Alright dancing queen, its nearly time for dinner."

Mom gives me a look that's simultaneously amused and unamused. "You're going to be telling Raven about this." It's not even a question.

"As soon as I see her," I confirm with a grin.

Mom sighs and shakes her head, but I can see a small smile playing at her lips. Lexa, Madi, and I lead the way with Lexa still holding Destiny.

"What will you be telling Raven?" Madi asks.

"About how Destiny called my mom Abba. Abba was a famous music group before the whole apocalypse," I explain. "One of their most well known songs is dancing queen."

Lexa nods. "Maybe Raven could serenade us at some point with the song."

"Or maybe she could fix something up so we don't have to listen to her sing," I suggest. "She's not bad," I explain at Madi's confused look. "She's just Raven."

Madi's confusion turns to a look of understanding as she lets out a soft "oh."

We reach the dining room and I hold the door open for the others, knowing from the loud greeting, but semi-quieter than usual, probably because she wants to respect Lucas' boundaries as much as her Raven-ness allows her to, I hear that Raven is here and with her girlfriends and kid.

Gods, it's still weird to think about the fact that Raven has a kid. Or that I have kids! But it's wonderful, more so than I ever could have dreamed. I wouldn't trade it for anything, this family.

"Clarkey! Abby looks vaguely annoyed, but not pis..." Raven trails off, catching herself before she swears. "Um. But not mad! What happened?"

"Before Destiny decided to call her Nana, she called her Abba."

Raven stares for a moment, looking between Abby and Destiny, who's smiling happily in "Lessa"'s arms. She bursts out laughing, practically bending over with the force of it even though she's sitting. She cackles loudly, throwing her head back before wiping away a few tears from her eyes.

"Float me. Or should I say... Mamma Mia!" Raven laughs again, not as loud as before.

"It's good to see you too, Raven." Mom jokes as she sits down at the table.

"Hey, you know I love you Mama G," Raven says seriously but with a smirk. She snorts. "Mama Gia."

I sigh and Lexa meets my eyes from where she's seated next to me. "She's going to burst into song," I murmur.

As if on cue, Raven starts singing. "I've been cheated by you since I don't know when. So I made up my mind, it must come to an end. Look at me now, will I ever learn? I don't know how, but I suddenly lose control. There's a fire within my soul. Just one look and I can hear a bell ring, one more look and I forget everything, whoa. Mamma Mia, here I go again. My my, how can I resist you? Mamma Mia, does it show again? My my, just how much I've missed you. Yes, I've been broken hearted, blue since the day we parted. Why why did I ever let you go? Mamma Mia now I really know, my my, I could never let you go."

"Clack!" Destiny says, squirming in her seat so that she can face me with her beaming smile. "Sin!"

Sin? Oh, sing. She wants me to... I look to Lexa, who gives me an encouraging smile and a wink. She's lucky that she doesn't know this song. Someday, I'm going to make her sing something for me too.

Raven grins, gesturing to me. Luckily, this time Mom also joins. So it's the wild Griffin girls that are singing. Except this time, it's not Mamma Mia she's singing. It's dancing queen. Of course. It's slightly higher pitched than what I'm comfortable with singing, but I figure we can all fail together as a family. Raven hums the first parts, only slightly off-key.

"You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life. Oh oh oh, see that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen."

Raven holds her hand out to Luna, who takes it and pulls Raven up, effortlessly twirling her around in the slightly cramped space between the table and the walls. And honestly, I can't tell if Raven's singing voice is affected by the singing.

"Friday night and the lights are low. Looking out for the place to go. Where they play the right music, getting in the swing. You come in looking for a queen." Mom gets the memo last that we're changing it from king to queen, seeing as we're dating women. "Anybody could be that girl, night is young and the music's high. With a bit of rock music, everything is fine. You're in the mood for a dance. And when you get the chance. You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only 17!"

Did I make that happen just to make these jokes and have a fluffy moment? Yes, yes I did. Hopefully it didn't take long to get haha. Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!