ONE*

yall know what that means *wink wink* if you dont wanna read that part just shut ur eyes jk. who doesnt? isnt that what we're all here for???? okay back to the story! enjoy. also double update bc i only posted the prologue! oh also i wrote this straight like from 5-7 am bc i couldnt sleep and i just posted it right away meaning probs not edited. comment all u want

2500 WORDS

***

Locked and loaded, completely focused. - Dangerous Woman, Ariana Grande

HARRY has been playing with the pieces of paper for quite some time now. It's not like he didn't have any work to do - oh contraire. He had a lot. He just didn't feel like doing it. Not right now when his mind was buzzing about another case that he was specifically told not to focus on right now. Harry was told to focus on the paperwork that he had on his table but it was bothering him. The other case - something wasn't right. Like always.

"Styles!" Harry straightened up immediately at the voice and threw the tiny balls of paper he had made into the trash can in under a minute. He swiveled his chair next to his desk and arranged some of the case files to make them look presentable. Like he was actually doing something - when he wasn't.

"Yes?" Harry stated with his brows raised when Niall entered his office. It wasn't really a surprise since Niall was in the office next to him. Harry had his pen near his mouth and was staring at the paper in front of him but nothing was processing in his mind. Again, he wasn't very much in the mood to do so. Niall slowly walked over to Harry's desk and sat at the edge of it causing Harry to look up at him with a frown.

"Don't give me that look. I know you've been sitting here for an hour wondering about the "Storm" case." Harrys ears perked up at the mention of the case that he had been thinking about the whole day. Niall caught the look of course, being a behavioral analyst gave him those benefits. Harry cleared his throat to cover his happiness and licked his bottom lip.

"What about it?" Harry questioned like it wasn't a big deal. Oh but it was. They've been working on this case for about a year and still had no leads. The FBI had called the case Storm. It was actually very fitting due to the fact that wherever the suspect went they always caused a ruckus and mess yet never left a trace. Ever. No fingerprints, no DNA, no hair, nothing. The closest they've ever gotten to a lead was getting half a shoe print which wasn't even enough for anything really. It frustrated Harry but it also challenged him and he liked that.

"Well.. nothing. There's nothing about it. I just wanted to point out that you were thinking about it. Still are." Niall stated earning an eye roll from Harry. Niall shrugged his shoulders and let out a small laugh while walking back to the door.

"Oh and want to have lunch? Bet your arse is sore." Niall stated with a smile and waited by Harry's office door in his grey suit and glasses. Harry looked down at the files and furrowed his brows. Nothing was going to come out of him anyway. So why not. He nodded his head and closed the files on his table then put them into his pile of unfinished workload.

"Where to?" Harry asked while they walked side by side towards the elevator. Niall pressed the button going down and hummed.

"Don't know. Up for Mexican?" Harry nodded his head as a reply while they both stepped into the elevator.

It was a busy day in New York. The streets were filled with people of different ages, sizes and more. It was always such an interesting mystery to Harry that one of them could be a killer or a kidnapper. It could literally be someone standing next to him and he wouldn't know. Not at least until they commit the crime. That Harry will surely put them in jail for. Ever since Harry was a child he always knew that he was going to grow up to serve people in some kind of way. At first he wanted to be a lawyer but it was a lot of reading and a lot of years in school - so he decided against that. He doesn't really know how he ended up becoming an agent but being a lawyer was somewhat close to how an agent worked. He had to read tremendous amounts of files. He had to defend people and prosecute people when he needed to. The only difference was that he was the one finding the evidence that made the perpetrators guilty. And he loved it. He loved being able to see them go away for their crimes. At least he still does, for now.