FIVE

long chap ahead. sorry again i kind of rushed. if there are things unclear dont hesitate to comment and ask me :) i'll gladly answer them. ALSO THIS IS IT. this is how it startssss. ok anyways enjoy. comment all u want

2362 WORDS
not edited oops dont come at me

***

Oh fools, The magician bends the rules as the crowd watches his every move. - The Magician, Andy Shauf

"IT'S settled then." Niall states while walking into Harrys office quite unannounced but it's not like Harry wasn't waiting. He was absolutely terrified about what the higher ups would think about their actions. Well - his actions, mostly. Niall just went along with it because he always supported Harry especially when Harry himself - believed in what he was doing.

Harry had been sat in his swiveling chair, positioning it up and down until he got it just right but would change it a few minutes after. He was fidgety and waiting for Niall to tell his the bad news. Either that he's fired or moved to another sector and he didn't want either. He quite liked it here. Harry liked the bad coffee - he grew used to it. He also liked the people there even if he made jokes and they didn't find it funny. At least they'd be honest and tell him. That's what good friends do. He had good friends here. He wasn't going to throw that all away just because he wanted to solve a case. Matter a fact, he should be getting awarded. At least in his mind.

A few days ago, they had talked to Evan and forced him to be their informant. He was going to be the inside man that they needed. This was huge. It didn't take much but a truth serum and some threatening before he agreed to their terms. Harry was right after all. Evans' behavior antics portrayed him as someone who was selfish and Harry was spot on. He didn't want to go to jail and practically begged them not to kill him. Of course they weren't going to kill him - they needed him after all. But he didn't know that, not yet.

"So what did they say?" Harry said with his arms crossed and face frowning. The next words that would come out from Niall's mouth was probably going to either determine whether he lives or dies. At least thats what it seemed like to Harry.

"They want you on the case. Since you were obviously so stupid. But a good stupid. They said don't do it again or they'll cut you off but as a punishment. They want you to go undercover... with him." Harry didn't really process his words until a few minutes after. He was looking into space for quite some time and the only thing that ran inside in head was undercover. It was an assignment that some agents didn't really like. Harry was one of them.

He didn't exactly like the thought of never knowing when the assignment ends. He also didn't like the fact he had to completely change his persona and being. It was just hard to do things undercover because you can never truly change everything that you are.

"What?" That was all that Harry could get out. He knew what Niall meant and their terms but he just couldn't comprehend it. He was supposed to go in with that Evan guy?

"Undercover Harry! Keep up. Anyways, they told me I'll be your handler since we obviously work well together and they also told me to make sure you keep your shit together. We all know you get a little too into acting at times." Niall said with a slight roll of his eyes. Harry had gone undercover once as a doctor for approximately a week and he was so into it that when he was pulled out of the assignment - he acted like one. Not just acted, more like lived it.

"Remember that time you thought you were a real doctor and tried to give Cole advice when his throat was swollen and you had no idea what you were doing?"