The Secrets of The Order

AN: I wanted to make this chapter a little bit longer as I followed a reasonable amount of important book dialogue this chapter. I felt as though I needed to include some of the canon in this chapter as, again, it's important as Phoenix will be heavily involved in the Order and in the fight against Voldemort.

"Tonks!" Phoenix beamed as she and Ginny entered the warm kitchen. Her fellow Metamorphmagus smiled warmly at her, "Nice meeting?" she added with a wink.

"Keep your little nose out of it Nix," Tonks said with a wink.

"Journey all right, Harry?" Bill Weasley's voice called loudly across the kitchen. "Mad-Eye didn't make you come via Greenland, then?"

"He tried," remarked Tonks, walking toward the eldest Weasley and straight away upsetting a candle over a piece of parchment left upon the table. "Oh no – sorry –"

Phoenix looked exasperatedly at her cousin, Merlin she could be clumsy at the best of times.

Fred and George entered the room, looking perfectly innocent as they did so. Phoenix raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend, who shot her a wink in reply.

"Here, dear," Mrs. Weasley sighed, repairing the piece of parchment with a wave of her wand as Tonks apologised profusely for her clumsiness.

George sat beside his girlfriend, giving her a sweet kiss on her temple as he did so. Phoenix blushed lightly, her mousy brown hair deepening in colour as she did so. She grabbed his hand under the table and he allowed for them to intertwine and Phoenix's hair turned a soft rose colour.

"Those parchments had maps on," Fred whispered to Phoenix and George. "The ones that Tonks set on fire."

"What do they need maps for?" Phoenix replied in a hush tone.

George shrugged, "Who knows."

Their conversation was silenced by Mrs. Weasley stern voice, "This sort of thing ought to be cleared away promptly at the end of meetings!"

As Molly Weasley busied herself with unloading dinner plates from the ancient dresser, one of the members of the Order, Mundungus Fletcher, who was still situated around the table, cast her a furtive look as he pulled a grubby black pipe from his pocket. Phoenix elevated an eyebrow as he placed the pipe in his mouth and, with his wand, ignited the pipe's end and gave it a deep pull. Clouds of emerald green smoke billowed around him and people whom sat close to him.

"Mum's going to go mad," Fred mummed.

"For the last time, Mundungus," bellowed Mrs. Weasley, "will you please not smoke that thing in the kitchen, especially not when we're about to eat!"

"Ah. Right. Sorry, Molly."

The smoke vanished but a pungent smell of burning lingered around in the air.

"And if you want dinner before midnight I'll need a hand," Mrs. Weasley called, looking around at everybody sat down at the table. "No, you can stay where you are, Harry dear, you've had a long journey–"

Phoenix nudged Fred and George and they all stood up, Phoenix taking a few plates from Mrs. Weasley.

"What can I do, Molly?" Tonks enquired eagerly, a spring in her step and narrowly avoided knocking the plates out of Phoenix's hands.

"Er – no, it's all right, Tonks, you have a rest too, you've done enough today."

"No, no, I want to help!" Phoenix could distinctively hear the sound of a chair hitting the floor as Tonks busied herself with helping Mrs. Weasley with dinner.