Green-Eyed Monster

A cold and wet February faded into a warm yet windy March. Ron Weasley's birthday had passed and not without an amazing gift from Fred and George (though it had turned Ron's hair temporarily to a bright and vibrant green for several hours). NEWT lessons had only gotten tougher (plus homework had piled up) and Apparition lessons had seen vast improvements with most students successfully Apparating every time. Phoenix had also been attending her weekly consultations with Madam Pomfrey and with great results. The matron had prescribed her a potion to take every two days in order to calm her mind and prevent her from having any more nightmares.

"How are you feeling this week Phoenix?"

The bright eyed and currently vibrantly purple haired witched twirled her wand between her fingers, staring absently out of the window of Madam Pomfrey's rather stuffy office.

"I'm okay," Phoenix sighed, flexing her fingers and casting a look around the office, "All of the homework and Apparition lessons are getting to me a little, but the potion helps me to sleep,"

"No nightmares?"

"No nightmares."

Madam Pomfrey looked pleased. She gave Phoenix her weekly potion and then dismissed her from her office. George had kindly waited for Phoenix outside the hospital wing so that they could walk down to breakfast together.

"How was the meeting?" George asked as the two of them made their way down a spiral staircase.

"Same as usual really," Phoenix told him, fiddling with the latches on her bag, "since the potion helps me sleep a lot better, I hardly have nightmares so there isn't really much else to comment on."

George looked rather sceptical, noticing as he did Phoenix's rather pale blue eyes that were almost grey, "Are you sure? No flashbacks? No headaches, migraines or anything?"

For a fraction of a second, Phoenix remained stationary. She had thought that perhaps the intense nausea had been caused by the enormous stress she had been feeling recently was solely down to overwhelming thoughts of her NEWT lessons and the upcoming end of year exams. She had not for a second considered that it also could have been due to what had happened all those weeks ago. But she did not want to concern George with this, so she smiled warmly at him and pinched his side playfully, "Don't you worry your pretty little mind about me Georgie,"

"I always worry about you, Pixy."

It was lucky perhaps that they had just reached the doors to the Great Hall because Phoenix's hair was now a brilliant pink.

They joined Fred, Lee and Angelina who were sat at the Gryffindor table and who had already dug into their breakfast. George and Phoenix had barely took their first sip of morning pumpkin juice when Alicia came racing through the large oak doors.

"What a load of waffle."

Phoenix arched an eyebrow as Alicia Spinnet chucked a magazine onto the breakfast table, her green eyes glaring harshly at cover of Witch Weekly before she dropped on the bench beside Angelina.

"What's up Leesh?" smirked Lee, "find out that yours and Jason's star signs aren't compactable?"

"No," Alicia replied, before frowning. "Well, according to this issue, Capricorns and Cancers are a match made in hell but that's not what's annoyed me!"

"What's wrong then Alicia?" Angelina asked, shooting a glare across at Lee who looked as though he was stealing himself to question Alicia further on the topic of star signs.

Alicia snatched up the magazine and opened it to the very central page.

"This!"

"Harry Potter's Secret Heartache?" Fred snorted, "Don't tell me Ginny's sent him another Valentines Card."