Trials and Tribulations

Breakfast the following morning was... memorable to say the very least. It all started after Phoenix had simply said that she was bored.

"You're bored?" Fred asked Phoenix and she nodded glumly, she had been late waking up and by the time she had sat down at the Gryffindor table the only food that was left were a couple scraps of fried mushrooms - which she despised.

"That was what I just said didn't I?"

"Well," George's face broke into a wide and mischievous smile as he picked up one of the pieces of bacon from his golden plate - he had an entire mountain of food on his plate compared to Phoenix's very cold pieces of toast that Lee had given her. "If you're bored then maybe we should unbore you."

"Is that even a word?" Phoenix asked and George shrugged. "What exactly are you planning?"

"Nothing!" Lee intervened.

"That is what you always say..." muttered Angelina. "Before all hell breaks loose."

"I think," Fred said, evidently choosing to ignore Angelina's comment. "Phoenix is suggesting that breakfast is rather dull here at Hogwarts."

"Dull? Whatever do you mean Fred?" George feigned misunderstanding while Fred smirked at his twin.

Fred, George, and Lee - who seemed to have caught on much quicker than Phoenix - jumped to their feet.

"Fellow students of Hogwarts," roared Fred and the entirety of the students in the Great Hall had stopped their talking and eating to stare at them. "Phoenix Lancaster-"

"Don't bring me into this!" she hissed, but Fred ignored her.

"-has just brought to our attention -" began Fred.

"That breakfast at Hogwarts -" continued George.

"Is rather a dull engagement." Fred finished with a loud clap of his hands.

"And I for one," said George fondly, "think that she harbours a fair point." He motioned to Phoenix in a rather dramatic manner as though she was the Queen and Phoenix had to refrain from clipping him round the ear for being a prat.

"It's all rather boring business," imputed Lee.

Phoenix looked desperately at the staff table - Professor McGonagall and Snape's eyes were glaring, their eyes practically burning into the back of Lee's head, already plotting their punishments for the mayhem that was evidently about to break out. Dumbledore however was looking at them rather amused, his eyes twinkling.

"Is there any way that we could bring some life into this mundane morning task?" Fred asked the students at large and Phoenix, realising what they were about to do, began to sink very slowly under the table. Around the hall, there were a few boisterous wallops and cheers.

"I have an idea!" George said brightly. He grabbed a pancake from his plate that was dolloped in golden syrup. He grinned across at Phoenix's retreating lilac head before he yelled. "FOOD FIGHT!"

And then, all hell broke loose.

The Great Hall was suddenly full of food, flying about in all directions. In barely half a second the students had gone from conversing in civil conversations to being as rambunctious as a Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match.

Phoenix's head was almost fully under the Gryffindor when the pancake that George had thrown hit her directly on the head. She squealed, her hair covered in sticky syrup and a pancake stuck to the very top of her head.

"George Weasley!" she bellowed, whacking her head from under the table and swearing loudly as it throbbed.

"You rang?" came George's voice as he too ducked under the table, beaming from ear to ear. Eggs and jelly were in his hair and he had appeared to have raspberry jam smeared upon his face.