Shenanigans at The Burrow

"Phoenix!"

Mrs. Weasley, who was a short, plump woman with a very kind face, beamed at Phoenix as soon as she stepped out of the fire place, just behind the twins. She smiled at Mrs. Weasley before she was pulled into one of her big, warm hugs.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley, thank you for allowing me to stay for the rest of the summer," Phoenix said, smiling as Mrs. Weasley released her from the hug and placed her hands on both of Phoenix's shoulders to get a better look at her.

"For the last time Phoenix, you can call me Molly!" She said, shaking her head before saying, "Where's Arthur? He better not be-"

"Looking at the plugs again," George finished his mother's sentence with a smirk on his face.

"Merlin's beard," Molly sighed as a loud hoot came from behind Phoenix. She turned round to see Silvano shoring gracefully through the open front door and landed in front of her on the arm of the chair. "I given him a few treats if that's alright with you Phoenix. Anyway, boys! Take her things up to Ginny's room while I make you all some sandwiches."

The twins nodded, George picking up Silvano's cage and Fred taking Phoenix's trunk. Phoenix followed the twins as they carried her things up the rickety staircase.

"So, tell us truthfully, how was your summer?" George questioned as he, Fred and Phoenix all slumped down in the twin's room, Phoenix sitting crossed legged on George's bed, George beside her and Fred lying down on his bed. They had a large plate of ham and cheese sandwiches in between them and they were all digging in hungrily.

"What? I told you it's been okay," Phoenix replied, half way through chewing her food. She swallowed and gulped down some pumpkin juice, looking over at George who had a look on his face as if to say do-you-think-I'm-an-idiot? "What? You don't believe me?"

"I know when you're lying Pixy," George said defiantly, looking over at his twin, who nodded at him and looked at Phoenix, with his mouth full of food.

"Wou wook wiserable" Fred said through a mouthful of food, causing Phoenix to look at him with an expression between disgust, amusement and confusion.

"Is it really that obvious?" She asked, moving some of her hair, which was now a bright lilac, out of her face and bit her lip softly. The twins nodded, causing her to sigh and lean her head against George's shoulder, who put his arm around her shoulder before he grabbed two sandwiches for the both of them. "My summer hasn't been terrible," she assured them, "I've had fun but it's just – been really lonely at home. Will has been spending loads of time with me, I just feel," she paused for a moment, "Isolated."

"What do you mean?" inquired Fred.

"Well," began Phoenix, "all of my family seen to be having hushed conversations about something and then I walk in and they just busy themselves and pretend that they weren't talking. I tried to listen to what they were talking about but I think they have been casting Silencing Charms so I can't hear them."

"That is suspicious," said George.

"I know," Phoenix said miserably, "I think it has something to do with my mother."

"Why do you think that?" said Fred.

Phoenix clicked her tongue and pulled the sandwich in her hands apart, "Well, when you put things into perspective and really think about it, why else would my family keep things from me? I mean, I'm the only who doesn't really know how she died," she said, "unless they're planning me a really late surprise birthday party or something, but I highly doubt that."

"Well," said George, "whatever it is – with our help – you will find out eventually."

"Anyway, how did you do in your O.W.L.s?" Fred asked Phoenix, by the look on her face the twins already guessed that she passed her exams with flying colours.