The Many Heads of Warrington

As November passed into December, the weather outside became colder. Snow now covered the castle and it grounds, making Hogwarts look more magnificent. The lake had also frozen over and most weekends students spent zooming around on the lake on make-shift ice skates.

The weather was not the only thing that became colder however. Angelina Johnson had turned, even stonier and colder to Fred Weasley than she usually was. Phoenix was completely dumfounded as to why Angelina could possibly be upset with Fred.

"Why are you so mad at him?" Phoenix asked during a Transfiguration lesson where they were supposed to be transfiguring their eyebrows to a different colour, but Phoenix, being a Metamorphmagus, simply wiggled her eyebrows and they flashed different colours.

"Because..." Angelina began, raising a shockingly blonde eyebrow, "...he has snogged me twice–"

"Didn't you snog him first?"

"Yeah but that's beside the point!" She snapped and Phoenix raised an eyebrow that was currently a bright green, "Anyway, he's snogged me twice and he still hasn't at least tried to talk to me about it..."

"Then you talk to him about it," Phoenix advised, "since when we were one to think that boys have to make the first move? Just go up to him and slap some sense into that moron!"

"But it would be nice if he made the first move..." Angelina said in a helpless sort of voice. Phoenix felt like saying that it would also be nice to slap Fred but stopped herself.

"Come on Angelina, you always go on about girl power and how girls can take control. He was going to talk to you anyway after I threw that jam tart at him but you... ran off..."

"I didn't run off... I walked..."

"Ha bloody ha! Funny Angelina! Really witty!" Phoenix gave a fake laugh and turned her head round to look across the room at Fred and Lee. Fred looked at Phoenix expectantly but Phoenix shook her head and Fred sighed, tapping his wand on his head so that his hair turned a jet black so that he looked like a bizarre relative of Harry's – freckles, flaming red eyebrows and black hair should never mix.

At the end of the lesson, when all of the mirrors were put away safely back into Professor McGonagall's desk drawer (all apart from Lee's who had smashed his in shock when his eyebrows had turned a furious shade of pink), the Head of Gryffindor house stood in front of her desk and surveyed her students before she cleared her throat. "I have an announcement to make to you all," she said in her sharp voice.

"The Yule Ball is approaching," whispers immediately broke around the classroom, Ava and Arista both giggled into the sleeves of their robes and Warrington and David Dayson began a hushed conversation at the very back of the room. Professor McGonagall gave a sharp cough and continued, "The Yule Ball is a tradition part of the Triwizard Tournament and it is an opportunity for everybody to socialise with our foreign guests–"

Alicia gave Phoenix a significant look and Phoenix knew exactly what she was thinking about – Jerome – and Phoenix had to refrain from rolling her eyes.

"The ball will be open to only fourth years and above – although you may invite a young student if you wish–"

Phoenix heard Lee whisper something to Fred along the lines of 'Hogwarts cougars.' Professor McGonagall looked as though she was steading herself not to throttle him as she continued once again.

"Dress robes will be worn; the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall."

More chatter broke around the class and Phoenix distinctively heard girls already giggling about Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum.