Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

The rest of the day's lessons were full of excitement. Nobody was very alert in their lessons and even Phoenix had accidently transfigured George's hair to a bright vibrant blue. He was still trying to cover it with his hat after they had deposited of their bags in Gryffindor Tower and they were all lining up in front of the castle.

"I can't believe you turned his hair blue," Fred said, who almost burst into tears of laughter when he had seen his brother.

"I didn't mean to!" Phoenix said who had been apologising to George for the past twenty minutes.

"It would make me feel better if your hair was a bright colour," said George as Ron spotted him and roared with laughter. Phoenix rolled her eyes and her hair turned the exact same bright blue as George's.

"Now we match," said Phoenix brightly. "The effects only last an hour anyway, McGonagall said so." George pouted childishly and Phoenix nudged his arm and he looked at her. "If it makes you feel any better, I think you look dashing with blue hair." She whispered before she looked away.

Although she did not see it, George smiled widely at the back of her hair.

"It's nearly six," said Angelina as she stared down the drive, towards the front gates. "How are they getting here?"

"They're probably going to make a big entrance," said George. "As Phoenix said, Magic schools always try to impress one another."

"Unless I am very much mistaken," Dumbledore called from the very back row where the teachers stood, "The delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!"

Students all looked around in every direction. Phoenix looked down the drive again, but she couldn't see the slightest glimpse of anything impressive.

"Where?" said several students, which included Alicia and Fred.

"There!" yelled Angelina, pointing towards the forest.

They all stared in the direction to where she was pointing. Something very large was bolting through the sky towards the castle, growing larger and larger.

"It's a dragon!" yelled a first year.

"Don't be stupid... it's a flying house!" shrieked another.

Phoenix's eyes widened as the shape soared over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest and the lights from the castles windows illuminated it into view. It was a large, a startling powder blue, horse-drawn carriage which was in fact the size of a large house, it was being pulled by a dozen of winged horses that were golden in colour and had a snow white mane of hair, and were all the approximate size of an elephant.

Students moved backwards quickly as the large hooves of the horses' hit the ground and seconds later, the carriage followed suit. Phoenix stared in awe at the magnificent golden horses whose eyes, she noticed, were a bright, fiery red.

"What an entrance," muttered George.

"I give that an eight out of ten," said Phoenix as the door to the carriage door, which bore a coat of arms, opened.

A boy, dressed in light blue robes, jumped down from the carriage, leaned down and seconds later, a set of golden steps unfolded themselves from the floor of the carriage. The boy drew backwards in a respectful manner. For a moment, Phoenix was confused as to why, then a woman stepped out of the carriage and descended the golden steps and she gasped and so did a few other students.

The woman was large and Phoenix had only seen one other person in her life who was this large, and that was Hagrid. The woman stepped forward into the light that came from the entrance hall and brought her face into view. Her eyes were large and black as her stain robes. Her olive-skinned face was handsome and her nose was rather beaky.