Into the Deep

Sibuna ran outside of their apartment and gasped. "W-what do we need to do, how do we close this?" Fabian asked.

Nina stepped forward and look into the hole. "Oh my god!" Nina backed up. The ground shook once more and they all fell down again.

"That's the Duat!" Nina exclaimed.

"Well why is it bothering us by opening up?" Alfie added.

"I think I know." Eddie responded. "It wants one of us to take their place."

"Eddie, what are you talking about? Take whose place?" Patricia asked him. "Rufus and Senkhara." Nina gulped. She faced Fabian.

"Don't look at me like that." Fabian gulped. "Do not look at me like you're about to say goodbye to me.  Again!"

"Fabian!" Nina choked. "This is my fault! I did this! Everything is because of me!"

"None of us blame you." Fabian shook his head. "I blame me." Nina replied.

"Nina...I can't lose you."

"You will never lose me. I will always be with you. But you can't protect me from everything. This is my duty. To the world."

"What about your duty to your husband?"

"I'm sorry. I can't be selfish." Nina took her hands away from Fabian's and said goodbye to everyone else. Eddie was last. "Osirian. Protector of the Chosen One. I'm no protector."

"Hey." Nina frowned. "Nobody else would have been more perfect than you." Nina and Eddie hugged one last time, before Nina began walking toward the fire. She looked at Sibuna one last time, before jumping in. The hole closed. What they didn't see was a darkness slip out of it before it closed.

Fabian was sobbing. "Nina." He whispered.

They all went back inside the house and Fabian laid down on one of the sleeping bags KT had brought. KT touched his face. She stood up. "I've never seen Fabian so sad."

"Nina's selflessness will be the death of him. Figuratively, of course." Amber stated.

"It makes you wonder...could he ever see her again?" Joy asked herself, glancing at Fabian. "Not unless you want to live an eternity of Hell with Nina and Anubis." Alfie said. Amber hit him.

"Could we?" Jerome chimed in. "You guys go look for something...anything that could help us see Nina again. Don't leave without your hoodies." Joy and Jerome put them on and left.

They all split into different parts of the room. Patricia sat down on a pillow and grabbed a blanket. She took out a picture of Mia and Eddie. She rubbed her finger on Mia's face.

"I will find you again." She closed her eyes.

"Who's the adorable little girl?" KT asked, smiling. She sat down next to Patricia. "Her name is Mia. I have a daughter now."

"She's beautiful. She has your eyes." Patricia smiled. "I would do anything to see her again."

"Where is she?" KT asked. "My guess? They sent her to child services or foster care. She's only a baby. She doesn't deserve this." KT rubbed her arm. "The only reason I decided to have a baby was because I thought I was done with all things mystery." Patricia sighed. "I was so wrong."

"Eddie told me he can flash. That's like teleporting at the blink of an eye, right?" Patricia nodded. "How about...we teleport to Anubis House, see if they got her. If they did you can track her down and find her. See her. Take her back."

"KT, we can't. It's too dangerous to even be in Europe. Which is why we came to the U.S."

"When did Sibuna start abiding the rules?" KT asked. Patricia sighed. "Ok. For my daughter. For my family. For Sibuna." KT and Patricia did the hand signal. "I can't believe after all these years I still remember it."

"Let's go find my daughter."

~~~~~

Amber and Alfie were sitting on the bed. "Alfie?" Amber faced him. "You love me right?"

Alfie nodded. "Of course, Amber. You know that."

"Then...marry me." Alfie's eyes almost popped out of his sockets. "I know it should be the other way around, but, I really want to do this. After seeing the things that Nina and Fabian and Patricia and Eddie have faced as couple, and then found their way back together...I want that to be us. I want this to be true."

Alfie was in shock. He wasn't even listening to Amber. He didn't want to get married. "What?" Amber's voice cracked.

"What?" Alfie responded. "You don't want to get married?" Amber stood up. "I said that out loud?" Alfie frowned. "Why not, Alfie!? We've been together for two year and we're out of college!"

"Amber it's still too early. I'm 21. I still haven't had my first adult beverage. I love you, really, but...marriage? I can't." Alfie walked out."

She sat down on the sleeping bag. "If Alfie doesn't want to marry me...I'll find someone else who will."

*****
Yep! Splitting up Amfie!

Is there a way to get Nina back?

Who do you want to see Amber with? Of course, I know who and how it's going to happen.

Will KT, Patricia, and Eddie find Mia?