Until Someone Takes Her Place

Alfie called KT into his room and shut the door. "What's up, Alfie?" She asked him. "Everything! Everything is up!"

"Oh..." KT sat him down. "I thought you might've been a little upset about Amber and Liam—"

"What? No, no, I couldn't care less about those two. Amber and I broke up for a reason." Alfie told her. "Oh. Then what's your problem?" KT shrugged.

"Right after the party, I called Willow and asked her out on a date." Alfie held his face in his hands. "I still don't see what the problem is." KT frowned.

"KT!? I haven't seen or spoken to Willow in years. I don't know what she's like now! What if she's all mature and stuff?"

"Alfie...she still calls Patricia and Eddie 'Peddie'. I think she's still the same old Willow, and you're still the same old you." KT playfully punched him. "Okay..." Alfie nodded. "So what do I do?"

"Be Walfie."

"How do you mean?" Alfie asked. "Alfie. You two connected when you put peanut butter and jam in each other's cereal. You went out for hamburgers for your first date. Do whatever you two do. Like I said, I've always thought you two were soulmates." KT told him, before exiting the room.

"Be Walfie." Alfie bit his lip.

~~~~~

Chris sat in Osiris's throne while Nina was still searching. "This man has nothing! What kind of god doesn't have some kind of artifact to keep in touch with what's going on above!?" Nina groaned.

"And you're not even helping!" Nina screamed at Chris. "I don't know what you want me to do, Neens. You don't have the power to help yourself, I sure don't have the power to help you. You're going to have to come up with something else to return."

Nina groaned in frustration when she saw an amulet around Osiris's neck. She held it in her hand. "I know what this is." She snatched it from his neck.

Nina smiled. "What is it?"

"The Amulet of Iah. He's basically the Egyptian God of Time. It also makes since why Osiris has it, the two were pretty close along with Thoth."

"You just told me a bunch of information I don't care about." Chris stated. Nina growled at him. "What does it do?"

"It lets you see into the past, present, and future."

"How does that help us?" Chris wondered. "If I tap into the present, maybe this will let me get my message to Fabian."

"How about you see into the future after?" Chris asked. "No way. I like a good mystery. Besides, when has knowing your future ever helped anybody?" Nina told him. Nina held the amulet in her hands.

Fabian appeared on the amulet, looking at a picture of him and Nina, while feeding his son. "Now, how does this work?" Nina asked herself.

Fabian jumped. He looked around, shook his head, and went back to feeding Robert. "Heh! Well I guess that's it!" Nina chuckled.

"Oh, god. I miss her so much I can't get her out of my head. It's like I can hear her actual voice." Fabian sighed.

Nina cleared her throat. "Fabian? Fabian help me please!" Nina fake-pleaded. "Just ignore the voices, Fabian. It's just in your head. You just miss her too much." Fabian told himself.

"Aw, he can't stop thinking about me. Ugh." Nina mocked him, holding the amulet far away from her mouth, knowing he probably would've heard her. "Fabian! It's me, Nina! I'm in trouble, please help me!" Nina fake-begged.

"Nina?" Fabian asked aloud. "Is that you? Truly?"

"Yes! Yes it's me! I need your help. Fabian, please." Nina begged. She made the 'present' fade away and she put the amulet around her neck. "May come in handy later."

"Now all we have to do is wait." Nina said.

~~~~~

Joy sat in her room typing for her book. Then, Jerome came in. "Hello, Future Mrs. Clarke."

"Hi." Joy responded. "What are you doing?" Jerome wondered. "Writing the first chapter of my book." Joy bit her lip and looked up. "Want to see what I have so far?"

Jerome nodded and began to read aloud. "Norma Moore breathed fresh air as she stepped off the train that brought her to Liverpool, England. Well, she took an airplane from American to England, of course, but then she took a train." Jerome chuckled. "She was very excited for her first term at Amun-Ra Boarding School. She looked to her left and saw a boy with fair skin, spiky blonde hair and a leather jacket. He looked at her, and they stared at each other for a bit. They recognized each other. 'Hey, I saw you at the airport. And the airplane. And the train. Are you stalking me?' The boy with the spiky hair smirked. He had an American accent. Norma scoffed. 'Sure. We happened to be at the same airport, on the same airplane, and on the same train at the same time. That's not a coincidence.' The boy laughed at her joke. 'I think I like you. Name's Edward Malone.' Norma couldn't explain it, but she sort of felt drawn to this boy. Edward felt it too. Hesitating, Norma responded, 'Norma Moore.'" Jerome smiled. "I like it."

"You do? Really? You're not just saying that because I'm your fiancé?" Joy grinned. "No, I love it. It's going to be great, Joyless." Jerome kissed her on the top of her head. As Jerome was about to leave the room, he gave Joy a piece of advice. "Might want to change the name of the school, though."

~~~~~

"I will have the fish and chips and my husband will have the same. Pink lemonade for me."

"Pepsi." Patricia gave the menus back to the waiter. Patricia slumped down in her seat and rubbed her eyes. "Can't one person that dates our friends be normal?" Patricia groaned.

"Well, you know these people. They don't have our taste." Patricia laughed. "So, are you sure of what you saw?"

"It was definitely suspicious. What would he have to hide, why would he have to hide, behind those boards?" Eddie wondered as he looked at Amber and Liam arriving at the same restaurant they did.

"Why are we here, Eddie? It's not like he's going to kidnap Amber at a public restaurant. If he really is untrustworthy, then most likely he's trying to gain our trust."

"Patricia, we're going to follow Liam home, wait until he leaves, then we'll break into his home and see what he has to hide."

*****
That's another chapter for you!

Will Fabian succeed in "rescuing" Nina from the Underworld?

Sibuna.