How the Chosen One Has Fallen, Pt. 3

"Are you okay?" Patricia asked. Eddie coughed out, "Yeah."

He stood up and made an orb appear in his hand. "Eddie, no! Our kids are here!" Fabian warned.

Eddie cursed himself. "Don't worry. I won't blow it up this time."

Eddie frowned. "She remembers?" 

Then, Sibuna saw something. A baby crawling on the floor. Nina smiled.

"Hi, Robbie!" She picked her child up. "I'm above killing children." She kissed him on his forehead, put him on the ground, and let him crawl away.

"You on the other hand." Nina tried to make another beam appear, but all of a sudden couldn't breathe. "Nina?" Everyone stood up. She grabbed her throat.

Nina fell to the ground and collapsed. The Ring of Sekhmet had disappeared from her finger. "What's happening?" Jerome asked. "No idea."

Then, Nina disappeared. Soon after, Sibuna was transported away too.

They looked around. "Black flooring, red room...oh, no. The nightmare is back!" Alfie closed his eyes and crawled into a ball on the floor.

"Stand up." Jerome demanded and lifted him back up. "I recognize this place." Eddie looked around.

Nina was in a coffin, asleep.

"Come out!" Eddie called out as he and Fabian ran toward Nina's body. "Is she okay?"

"I don't...I..." Eddie looked up. Maat, Amneris, Set, Apep, and Sekhmet appeared in the sky.

"Welcome back, Osirian." Maat greeted. "Why are we here? What did you do to Nina?" Fabian questioned.

"We simply put her to sleep for the time being." Amneris calmly said. "You are here because the Chosen One's actions must be justified. We will debate on her fate."

"Does this mean she's back to normal?" Amber wondered. "No, the darkness still lingers in her heart." Apep explained. "I can feel it."

"Can't one of you big guys just suck it out of her?" Alfie asked. "There will be no sucking of anything, boy, until the Chosen One's fate has been decided! I, for one, think we should let Osiris handle her." Sekhmet screeched.

"No!" Fabian yelled. "It's not her fault! It's mine, I'm the one that brought her to this." Fabian told them.

"That may be, but you do not control the Paragon. Or her actions. She has brought unimaginable destruction to your city. Have you been outside?" Amneris said.

"Why, what's happened? And where's Osiris?" Eddie questioned.

"It's like she brought hell to Earth." Set said. "She must be punished! Osiris can handle her."

"To answer your question, Osirian, Osiris is still disempowered. He will wake up sometime soon, and when he does—" Apep cut off Maat.

"There will be no debate about her fate. Osiris will punish her."

"Please, you have to convince him not to. Up until these past couple weeks, all Nina's done and has ever tried to do is keep everyone safe." Joy explained.

"I don't think she deserves to be punished at all. Remember, all Chosen Ones are prophesied to go down a dark path. Fortunately, for me, I was one of the lucky ones. The Paragon you see before you wasn't strong enough. She couldn't fight off the darkness." Amneris stated.

"Thank you for that lovely speech Amneris, but we are still getting nowhere! I also vote on letting Osiris handle her. As much as this pains to say, he is the strongest of our six." Sekhmet stated.

"Why are all of you saying Osiris needs to decide her punishment! He'll kill her!" Eddie yelled at them.

"She has taken countless lives." Maat told him. "Like you said, she was destined to go down a dark path! It's literally written in stone! It's not her fault." Fabian responded.

"She didn't ask to be the Chosen One." KT added.

"Whether or not the darkness controlled her or not, people make their own decisions. She decided to disempower a God. She decided to release everyone in the Underworld. She decided to wear the Ring. She decided to commit all these dark acts on her own."

Eddie gulped, afraid of their next sentence. "It is settled. Osiris will give the Chosen One her punishment." Maat declared.

Nina gasped sharply. Fabian turned around and held her. "Are you back?"

Nina nodded. She was on the brink of tears. "Fabian...oh God, what have I done?"

Nina was sent away. "What did you do?" Fabian yelled. "Sent her to Osiris. We have also, once again, reset the timeline. The Chosen One never brought hell on Earth. Everything in your lives are back to normal. Until next time, Sibuna."

They were sent away.

Everyone was sent back to Anubis House. Fabian was hyperventilating. "I'm going to lose her. Again."

"That wasn't even a freaking debate!" Eddie groaned.

"All we can do is wait."

~~~~~

When Nina arrived to the Underworld, Osiris was wide awake. And he was furious.

"BOW!" He bellowed.

Nina did as told. "Your actions towards a God are punishable by death." Nina felt her nose burn and her eyes water. "But—I am not an evil man. I can see...I can feel...how deeply you regret letting your darkness take control. How you yourself even think that you deserve a death penalty. So, in return for disempowering me, I will disempower you."

"I'm getting my powers stripped again?" Nina asked. "Yes. Except this time, all of them will be gone. You can't do rituals, use artifacts, have visions, cast beams, use orbs. All the things that come with being a Chosen One will be taken away from you. You are still the Chosen One. But not how you used to be. Let this be a lesson, Paragon. Now, be gone."

Osiris sent Nina away.

******
After this, there will be a part 4, then an epilogue. I know this isn't as long as the others, but it's something right?

Sibuna.