How the Chosen One Has Fallen, Pt. 4

Nina appeared in the living room. Fabian immediately stood up. Nina looked at her hands. They were shaking.

"Oh my god, what have I done?" Nina fell to the ground. Everyone rushed to her side. Fabian held her.

"Fabian, get off." Nina demanded. "What? Why?" Fabian asked.

"You should hate me. I killed you, and I didn't even care. I killed Patricia and Amber and Jerome and Willow...I hate me. I took countless lives. Started fires, destroyed buildings..." Nina teared up.

"Nina, that wasn't you." Nina stood up and backed away from everyone. "You could say that to me a hundred times and it still wouldn't mean a thing. I need to be alone for a minute, okay?" Nina went upstairs.

"Nina will never be able to forgive herself as long as she remembers what's she done." Jerome stated. "What I don't understand is how Nina is able to remember the other timeline." Eddie asked.

"Maybe because she was wearing the Ring of Sekhmet, the fact that we changed the timeline didn't affect her memory." KT guessed.

Fabian rubbed his eyes. "Jerome's right. Nina will never forgive herself as long as she remembers what she's done. That's why we have to make her forget."

Alfie raised his eyebrows. "You wanna give Nina amnesia?"

"No, I just want her to forget her turning evil and everything after that."

"But then she would only remember this whole month up until when you tried to trade Reggie for Nina. She would be confused." Eddie responded.

"Then I'll have to erase this whole month." Fabian went to the kitchen and opened the cabinets.

"What are you looking for?" Amber asked. Fabian took out a a bottle that had clear water in it. "I knew she still had some."

"Lake of Lethe waters?"

"I'm going to mix in some tea. She'll drink it and will only remember everything leading up to when the FBI came after us. I tell her she hit her head, we got away, and she won't have to worry about them anymore. That Eddie took care of it." Fabian explained his plan.

"Huh. For once, Rutter came up with a good plan." Jerome chuckled.

"Good luck." Amber wished. Fabian nodded.

~~~~~

Fabian went upstairs and brought Nina the tea. Before he came in, he mixed the water in with the tea. "Nina?"

"Fabian, I told you that I needed to be alone." Nina replied. "I know. I just wanted to bring you some tea. Calm you down. It's earl grey."

Fabian set the tray of tea and cookies down. "Thank you, but tea will not help me forget the horrible things that I've done this month."

Nina took a cookie and took a bite of it. "I'm not sure I said this but...I'm sorry for killing you."

Fabian sat down next to her. "I don't ever want to hear you say you're sorry again." After a pause between the two that seemed to last forever, they both leaned in for a kiss.

This kiss was different than the other kisses the two had shared. It gave them a feeling that they hadn't felt since high school.

They pulled away. Nina smiled. "You're the only person that has me at my happiest, you know that?"

She poured herself a cup of tea. "I do." Fabian nodded.

She drank it and Fabian pushed a hair away from her face.

Nina closed her eyes hard. She started blinking. She looked at Fabian.

"Why are we here?! Fabian we have to go...!" Nina looked at her cup of tea. "Why do I have a cup of tea in my hands?"

Fabian kissed her once more. "I'll explain."

~~~~~

"You know, maybe we should all drink that Lake of Lucy stuff. I don't want to remember some of the stuff that happened this month either." Alfie stated.

"Lethe." KT corrected, chuckling. "Like what?" Willow asked. "Like the fact that you died. That Jerome died."

Jerome and Joy entered the room hand in hand, in a tuxedo and simple white dress. "What about Jerome?" Jerome asked.

Everyone turned their heads. "Is it just me or do they look like they're about to get married?" Alfie asked everyone.

"Because we are. I don't want to waste another second with him as my boyfriend or my fiancé. I want him to be my husband." Joy wrapped her petite arms around Jerome's waist. He kissed her forehead.

Nina and Fabian came down the steps, also hand in hand. "Is somebody getting married?" Nina asked.

Everyone widened their eyes. "Um...last minute decision. After what just happened, I realized that Joy is my forever. I want to be with her for the rest of my life." Joy smiled at him.

"Well let's go!" Alfie jumped up from the sofa. "Where, exactly?"

Jerome laughed. "Court. Let's go."

Everyone laughed and got up. For the first time in a long time, they were all happy. They had some scars left over from the last couple of years, but they were happy.

*****
Next chapter will be the epilogue, and this series will be over!

Sibuna.