The Day the Paragon Died

"Wake up, Fabian. Please. Please." Nina kissed his forehead. "What did Chris do to you?"

Nina heard Fabian stir. "Oh my gosh! Fabian? Fabian!" Fabian's eyes fluttered open and Nina's smile grew bigger. "You're okay!" She kissed him.

"Yeah..." Fabian sat up. "But what are you doing here, I thought you were in the Duat? Are you back for good?"

Nina looked down. Fabian knew. "You're not."

"Chris possessed you and escaped the Duat. Osiris sent me back up here to get him back. He gave me three days. Tomorrow I have to return."

"I don't wanna lose you again." Fabian put his hand on Nina's neck. "I'm so sorry." Their foreheads touched.

Fabian breathed in. "This is not how I will say goodbye to you. You're too special to me." Fabian got up and dragged Nina to the foyer.

"First, we will have a romantic," Fabian took a look at the time, "tea together. With any kind of sandwich you want." Nina giggled. The rest of the Sibuna came down the stairs.

"Fabian? You're up!" Eddie grabbed his arm and started to pull him away from Nina. "Sorry, Nina. Guy talk. It'll only take a minute."

Eddie pulled Fabian into his and Nina's room. "What's going on mate? I only have 24 hours until I lose Nina forever. I want to make the most of it."

"Yeah, I get that. But none of that will matter if she turns evil." Eddie responded. Fabian made a face. "Evil? What are you talking about?"

"Chris told us that Nina is the great threat that the Eaxiers were talking about."

"And we're supposed to believe him?" Fabian frowned. "Think about it! Think about everything Nina's been through! How can that not make someone so angry that their hearts grow dark."

"I-I guess that makes sense...." Fabian gulped. "Exactly. And the only way to keep her up here is if you go and find someone worthy of taking Nina's place. And by worthy, I mean a deep sinner."

Fabian had someone in mind. "Alright."

"Alright." Eddie and Fabian had a bro-hug. "I just want to keep her safe, you know?"

"Hard to keep a protector of the world safe. We're almost always in danger. We should be used to this."

"Then why does this time feel so different?" Eddie and Fabian stepped out of the room. Fabian took Nina's hand and left the house. "He's gonna do it. And we now have how day off!" Eddie told everyone. "Hardly." Patricia took Eddie upstairs.

As soon as she got to her room, she sat him down. "Patricia, what's up?"

"You don't plan on living here forever, right? With...all of our friends?" Patricia wondered. "I mean, of course not. When things settled down after the whole Kek ordeal, we all decided we wanted to be together as long as possible until we all moved on with our lives."

"I think it's time we do that." Patricia told him. Eddie widened his eyes. "With everything going on, how can you even think about leaving?"

"Eddie, of course we're going to stay here and help but...once everything is done, we need to move and get started with our lives. Just you, me, and Mia. Maybe more."

"I hope you're talking about a pet dog." Eddie told her. They both laughed. "You've come a long way, Yacker."

"You too. Osirian." Patricia kissed his forehead.

~~~~~

Joy sat down in the living room eating a sandwich. "Joy," Jerome sat down next to her. "Hey!" Joy kissed his cheek.

"What's going on with you?" Jerome tried to start a casual conversation. "Having my day off." Joy chuckled, confused. Why was he trying to make small talk?

She put her sandwich down. "What is it, Jerome?" Joy slightly smiled. "I want to go on a date." Jerome breathed in and out, his heart racing.

"Why is that? I mean, yes, I'll go out with you, but why are you so nervous? You're my boyfriend."

Jerome had to come up with a lie fast. "Because...I feel like the last real date we had was when we washed Mara's dog. I want to spend time with you, Joy. Outside of Sibuna."

Joy leaned her head to the side. "Aw...okay! What do you want me to wear?"

"Whatever you want." Jerome shrugged. Joy nodded. Joy left the room, and KT stopped hiding behind the kitchen counter.

"I know what you're planning..." She sung. "Quiet, Rush. It's a surprise." Jerome glanced at KT.

"Maybe you can help me."

~~~~~

Amber put on her makeup. She curled her hair and sprayed it. She was a brand new person. No Alfie. It was time to get started with her life.

She walked down the stairs and went out of the house. Amber walked around for a bit until she bumped into a tall, handsome stranger. "Woah." Amber gasped. The stranger chuckled. "I mean..." Amber giggled, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Honest mistake." The man shrugged. "What's your name?"

"Liam Osborne. And yours?"

"Amber Millington. So, where are you headed?" She tried to make conversation. This guy was extremely cute and she wasn't about to let a good one get away. It was time to move on. "The college."

By the way he was dressed, Amber could tell he wasn't a student there. "Professor?"

"Did the clothes give it away?" Liam laughed. He checked the time. He got out a notepad, scribbled something down, and handed it to Amber. It was his number. Amber was squealing inside.

"I would love to continue but I'm late to my class. Call me sometime later." Liam walked off. Amber nodded.

She was moving on! Better yet, before Alfie did. Yay! Amber thought.

~~~~~

Fabian took Nina to an Egyptian museum. "Fabian, you're amazing. First, a romantic walk in the park, then a romantic picnic, and now this? You're the best husband I could ask for." Nina snuggled up to him as they walked around the place.

"So I've been told." Fabian smiled. Nina did the same. She was so happy. It would probably be the last time she was, too. She had to go in an hour.

Fabian spotted Reggie across the room. He widened his eyes. "Neens, I'm going to go to the washroom, okay?" Nina nodded. He kissed her cheek as he walked away. Nina looked at the glass case in front of her.

"The Ring of Sekhmet." She read aloud. "A powerful artifact from Egyptian times, this ring was very powerful and very dangerous. When placed on the finger of a non-mortal being, it would grant the non-mortal eternal life and immense power. Although, if it fell into the wrong hands, who knows what could happen."

Fabian returned. "Hi." He kissed her. What Nina didn't know that Fabian had done was that he knocked Reggie out and put him in the trunk of his car. "That was fast." Nina chuckled.

"Well, boys pee fast." Fabian explained, laughing. "Let's go."

"Wait, why? We just got here."

"It's literally a one hour drive from here back to Anubis. Do you really want to go back to the Duat behind a Spire?"

"I guess not." Nina shrugged.

******
Sorry if this felt rushed, it's literally 10:00 and I had a really long day at school so I'm going to start on a new chapter tonight, but I will update tomorrow night (probably). Sorry for the wait!

What will happen once Nina discovers what Fabian plans to do?

Is Liam as perfect for Amber as he seems?

What is Jerome up to?

Sibuna.