How to Kill a God

Nina dropped to the ground. Her thoughts were filled with ways to get back to Liverpool. What would she do next?

She thought about the Ring of Sekhmet. "When placed on the finger of a non-mortal being, it will grant the non-mortal being immense power and eternal life." Nina smirked. She needed to get that ring. But first, she had to get rid of Osiris. He would never let her out of there.

"Paragon? Are you all right?" Nina had to act like she was still herself. "Um, yeah. I just said goodbye to Fabian. Again." She sniffles as if she was about to cry. "I'm sorry."

Nina shrugged at his words. "I'm going for another walk. Ok?" Osiris nodded. She wasn't going for 'a walk'. She was going to look for an old enemy.

~~~~~

Amber came back to Anubis giddy. Joy walked down the stairs. "You look different." Joy stated, smiling. "You know what else I am? Over. Over Alfie. Over Amfie. Time for Liamber to rise as a power couple." Amber grinned.

"What's a Liamber?" Patricia asked as she walked down the stairs too. "I'm still working on the name. Does Ambiam sound better?"

"Who are you talking about?" Joy asked. "The tall, handsome stranger I met on the street. He works as a professor at the college we used to go to and he gave me his number. His name is Liam."

"A professor and Amber? Dating? This is too good to be true!" Patricia chuckled. "Laugh all you want. At exactly 5:00 I'm calling him so we can go on a date." Amber gleefully walked up the stairs.

"Should we have told her about Willow and Alfie?" Joy asked Patricia. "She'll find out sooner or later." Patricia shrugged.

~~~~~

Jerome took a deep breath. In. Out. In. Out. He knocked on the Mercers' door. Mrs. Mercer answered it. "Jerome!" She hugged him. "It's so good to see you! Oh, come in! Come in!"

Jerome chuckled and sat on the couch. "Um, where's Fr—" He cut himself off. "Mr. Mercer?" Although Mrs. Mercer loved Jerome, Frederick Mercer didn't really like him. He didn't like him for Joy and he also didn't like the fact that he was part of the reason he didn't have eternal life.

"Right here, Jerome." Frederick came out of the kitchen with tea. He set it down on the coffee table. "Would you like some tea, Jerome?" He said in a huffed voice.

"Um, no thanks. Depending on how this goes I won't be staying very long." Jerome explained. "How what goes darling?" Mrs. Mercer asked. Jerome breathed. In. Out.

Here goes, Jerome thought. Jerome pulled out an engagement ring box from his pocket. Mrs. Mercer gasped and grabbed it. Jerome smiled.

"Yes! Yes! Finally, our little girl is getting married!" Mrs. Mercer cheered. "Oh dear..." Frederick groaned quietly.

Jerome's heart rate sped up. "Do I have your permission to marry your daughter?"

Mrs. Mercer nodded. "Frederick?"

Frederick was quiet for awhile, before turning to Jerome and telling him. "I don't like you, Clarke. But..." He exhaled, "If you truly make my little girl happy, I will be glad to call you a son."

~~~~~

Nina looked around the lake of fire. "I know you're here."

She spotted green. "Chris!" She stuck her hand out and he took it. She pulled him out. "I knew you still loved me, sweetheart." Chris smirked.

Nina widened her eyes and took a step back. "In your dreams." Nina cleared her throat. "Anyway, I need your help."

"Anything." Chris shrugged.

"How do you kill a god?" Nina asked. Chris was silent for a while. Why would Nina ask that kind of question? "It's happened, has it?"

Nina tilted her head and sucked her teeth in. "Yeah, it has." She smirked. "And I have never felt better. Old me was so heartbroken, so sad, so..." Nina pretended to barf, "good. Now, I don't care about feelings. I don't care about the 'greater good'. All I care about is getting out of here and destroying that horrible place."

"Anubis House?" Chris wondered. "Duh. It's where it all started. Now tell me, how do I—"

"You can't. Plain and simple. Gods are indestructible." Nina groaned and blasted the wall with her powers. "Then how am I supposed get out of here!?"

"Relax, sweetheart. You can't kill a god, but you can weaken one. By weaken, I mean take away his powers—temporarily. But, you have to do it with the god's own artifact." Chris explained.

"How long is temporary?"

"Depends on how powerful the artifact is. If you really want to weaken him, you're going to have to find the Sword of Osiris. It's his most powerful creation." Chris told her.

"Ugh! I don't have time to look for a stupid sword!" Nina complained. "Where is this artifact exactly?"

"You didn't notice? It's embedded in his throne. But you can get it out."

Nina smiled at him. "Thanks!" She stepped closer to Chris, misleading him. She wanted him to think that she was leaning in for a kiss. When their lips were just a breath away, Nina pushed him back in the lake of fire.

Nina laughed evilly, taking pleasure in his screams.

*****
Yeah, Nina's a terrible person now. Also—THE HUNGER GAMES ARE THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED. That is all.

Will Osiris figure out Nina's plan?

How will Jerome propose to Joy?

Sibuna.