Along Comes Nina

Nina fell on the ground. She stood up, wiped her pants, and looked around herself. Right in front of her was a sea of fire, with thousands of people drowning in it.

Nina turned away from it. "Paragon." A loud voice boomed throughout the Duat. "Hello?"

"Step forward." Nina did as the voice said, and as she stepped into the light, she jumped. She saw a green-skinned man with a pharoah's beard. "Osiris?"

He nodded. "It has been a a million years since I've met a Paragon. The only one I knew was the original. Amneris."

"I-I don't know what to say. I mean...do I bow, or...?" Nina asked. Osiris chuckled. "Sit. Rest. You've been through enough."

Nina sat down on the small chair next to Osiris's throne. "I know why you're down here, Paragon."

Nina gulped. "Does that mean you can bring me back?"

"Paragon-"

"Nina. Please just call me Nina."

"Nina, you are not dead. You are paying the price of your actions for releasing Senkhara." Osiris answered. Nina sighed. "But Sihafa forced me to do that! I'm carrying a child! I can't give birth in the Duat!"

"I have just the right thing for that." At the wave of a hand, Nina's stomach grew bigger. Nina fell to the ground. Contractions?

"What are you doing?" Nina grunted. "Living beings are not allowed in the Duat, Nina. You are the exception, but I cannot have a baby in the Duat." Osiris said. "What are you going to do to it?"

"I'm going to do the right thing. Give it to its father."

~~~~~

Fabian was still laying down on he bed, thinking of Nina. He always thinks of Nina. Losing her. Again.

He shed a tear. Then, a dark entity crept up on Fabian, going unnoticed by him. It possessed him.

He shot up. Fabian wiped his face. "He was crying? Such a wimp." Fabian got up and went to the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror.

"Hm. I'm going to miss my old body but...this will have to do." Fabian smirked. He cleared his throat. "Hi. My name is Rutter. Fabian Rutter."

A picture of Nina was on the mirror. "Don't worry, sweetie. I'm going to get you back." He kissed the photo. "Then, I'm going to exact my revenge on them all."

~~~~~

Joy and Jerome were alone in the library. "It's so quiet." Joy said, while looking for a book about the Duat. "What did you expect? First of all, it's a library. Secondly, it's 2017. Nobody reads anymore." Jerome responded.

Joy softly chuckled. Jerome wanted to start a conversation. "You notice anything...different between Alfie and Amber?"

Joy shook her head. "They seem content as ever."

"Whenever I'm around them...there's like a tension in the air. I don't know, maybe I'm imagining it." Jerome shrugged. "No, you're not." Joy turned around and so did Jerome. "It does kind of seem like something happened between the two of them."

"What do you think happened?" Jerome wondered. "I don't know." Joy bit her lip. "Or maybe we're just overreacting and Alfie just didn't polish one of Ambs' heels right and she's mad at him." Joy laughed. 

Jerome laughed back. "Yeah, that's probably it." Jerome pulled out a book. It was titled The Duat. "Joy!" He called her.

"What is it?" She looked at it. "I think we just got lucky."

~~~~~

Nina screamed. "Please! Please make it stop!" She grunted.

"I'm sorry you're in pain, Nina. But I cannot have living beings in the Duat." Osiris got up. He made an umbilical cord clamp appear. He cut it off.

"Please. Osiris. Let me hold him." Osiris looked at her. "I am sorry, Nina." Osiris made the baby disappear.

Nina sobbed as she was in sadness and pain. This was just the beginning of her path to despair.

******
Welp. That's it! I'll try to update again today but I can't promise that I'll get it done by today. 😚😉

How will Nina get over getting her baby ripped from her?

What's in the book Jeroy found?

Who possessed Fabian?

Sibuna.