Two Heads Are Better Than One

KT ducked down, hoping that Nina didn't see her. She heard her bed creak. KT covered her mouth.

"Forget it! I don't have time for this ." Nina went back to typing.

KT stood up and walked to Joy and Jerome's room. Joy was in there, on her phone. "KT, what's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Um, you know how everybody thought that when Nina returned to the Underworld that she would turn evil?" KT asked. Joy nodded. "But we also didn't believe that because it was Chris that told us. The Chris who you've never met, who has betrayed us multiple times."

"What if he was telling the truth?" KT responded. Joy frowned at her.

"KT...Nina is perfectly normal." Joy responded. "We've seen people pretend to be what they're not before."

Joy gulped. "S-she can't be...it's Nina." Joy shook her head in disbelief.

"Fine...I won't tell the others." KT shrugged. "But I'll prove it." KT exited the room.

~~~~~

"Keep them closed!" Eddie told Patricia.

"Kind of hard to do that when I don't really like surprises." Patricia responded. "I swear you'll love this one." Eddie set Mia down on the porch.

"Ok...open them!" Patricia opened her eyes and gasped. "You bought it!" Patricia ran over to Eddie and kissed him.

"Yeah, I did. Best husband award goes to..." Eddie pointed toward himself. "And it's the one we were looking at! How did you get it so fast?"

"An Osirian never gives away his secrets." He kissed the top of Patricia's head. "We can have everything we talked about now. Well after—"

Patricia shushed him. "We're not going to talk about that right now." Patricia kissed him when she heard Mia crying.

Patricia and Eddie smiled at each other as they walked toward their child.

~~~~~

Willow coughed as Alfie guided her into the cellar. "Alfie I wouldn't call this a date."

"Because it isn't a date." Alfie went over to the case where Victor's weird potions used to be at.  He put in the combination code and the case opened. "Then what is it?" Willow followed Alfie.

"The day I finally tell you the truth. About everything."

~~~~~

Nina stood in the doorway of Liam's classroom. "Professor!" Nina called out. Liam looked up and quietly snarled.

"Is it...Nina?" Liam wondered. Nina finally reached the end of the steps and walked toward his desk. "I think we can stop with the games. I know who you are and what you want. I know you know about me and my friends. Stop pretending." Nina told him straight-up.

Liam sighed. "So what are you doing here Paragon? Tell me to stay away from Amber?"

"Oh, of course not! I think Eddie did a pretty good job himself of letting you know that, right? And don't call me the Paragon. I'm not that person anymore." Nina said.

Liam looked at Nina. "I've read about this. The Chosen One going dark. It's rare. But I guess after everything you've been through it's possible. Heartbreak, multiple deaths—"

"Yeah, yeah, my life is a mess. That's not what I came here for though." Nina crossed her arms.

Liam raised his eyebrows at her, waiting. "I need an alliance. Do you know what the Ring of Sekhmet is, Liam?"

Liam frowned at the name. He had heard it before...but where?

Flashback:

When Liam was around 10, his dad had took him outside of his barn to show him a dear secret he had kept hidden since the barn was passed down to him.

"Son, you know how I have never sold this barn...and I always said it was because of 'sentimental value'?" Young Liam nodded.

"Well, there's more to it than that." Liam's dad used his hands to dig until he reached a miniature box. He opened it and showed it to Liam.

"This is called the Ring of Sekhmet. It has been in the Osbourne family for generations. It must never fall into the wrong hands. You must remember this, son. Because when I pass this land to you, you will be it's guardian."

End of Flashback

Liam gulped. "Rings a bell." Nina nodded. "Great. You help me find it, and I'll give you the key to killing an Osirian. Added bonus—when I take over the world, I'll make sure Amber is in love with you."

Liam frowned at Nina. "What makes you think I love her?" Nina smirked at him. "I was in love once. Those people that I live with are in it. I know love when I see it."

Liam took a deep breath as Nina stretched her hand out. "Do we have a deal?"

Liam took her hand.

*****
I don't even know how long it's been. Once again school has been stressing me out. Same excuse. I'm tired. Well hinty-hint-hint—the next chapter is when everything really starts happening!

Sibuna.