Heart of Darkness

"Amber! Amber!?" Patricia and Eddie burst into Amber's room. Her and Nina, who was in there with her, jumped. "Hello?" Amber greeted.

"Nina...? You're back from the Underworld? How? And you're not evil?" Eddie wondered.

"Fabian freed me. I contacted him and told him that I was in trouble—which I was—and he got me out of there. I'm so happy to see you guys again." Nina fake smiled.

"We are too, Neens. But we have bigger problems right now!" Patricia exclaimed then faced Amber.

"Like what?" Nina wondered. "Liam...your boyfriend...he wants to kill Eddie." Patricia told her.

"What? This is a terrible joke guys."Amber chuckled. "It's because it's not one." Eddie pulled out his phone. Amber took it from him and saw the pictures they took of his 'Kill the Osirian' diagram.

"You two have really bad taste when it comes to dating guys outside of our circle." Patricia stated.

Amber scoffed. "I don't believe this." She zoomed in on a picture of herself. "He calls me the weakest link. Is that what everyone thinks of me?" Amber asked.

"There is no weakest link in our group. We all put forth our best, Amber." Nina held her as Amber laid down in her best friend's lap. "So, what do we do now?"

"Keep acting like you trust him. You have to find out why he wants me dead." Eddie ordered. Amber nodded.

~~~~~

Nina watched Amber toss and turn in her sleep. Then, she got out her laptop. "Time to get to work."

She turned it on and click on the search engine.

She typed in, "The Ring of Sekhmet".

She basically clicked on every link there was. It all said the same thing the plaque at the museum said. Nina huffed and shut her laptop.

~~~~~

Eddie didn't know what to do next. After everyone was asleep, Eddie had snuck out of Anubis House and drove to Liam's. He was just sitting outside of his home like a stalker.

"What is this? An LMN movie?" Eddie scoffed at himself and started up the car engine when he saw the blinds move. "He's watching me."

He turned the car back off and got out. "No more games!" Eddie yelled. Liam walked out his house. "What did I ever do to make you want to kill me?"

Liam shrugged. "I don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about."

"Oh, come on. The charts, the pictures, the connections. Rufus. Sibuna. You've been obsessed with all of us for who knows how long."

"I hate you because you're an Osirian. Osirians are evil." Liam responded. "Who put that thought in your head?"

"Rufus Zeno did, as soon as he put a bullet through my dad's head." Eddie gulped. "I'm sorry. But I didn't do anything to you. Why are you taking your anger out on me?"

"Osirians need to be wiped from the face of the Earth. They don't belong here. Neither does the Chosen One. Since I couldn't start with Rufus, I'll start with you."

Eddie was speechless. He didn't know what to say. He just backed up, and screamed, "Stay away from Amber!"

He got in his car and drove away.

~~~~~

KT was walking on the upstairs' corridor. She was just walking, until she saw Nina's door open. She was going to say hey, until she peeked in and saw what Nina was looking at.

The Ring of Sekhmet.

KT frowned. What could she be looking at that for? She thought.

Then, KT accidentally creaked the door. Nina immediately jerked her head around and KT hid behind the door.

*****
Sorry for the short chapter! I literally just had to write a six page essay thing for a Social Studies Fair. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I'm sleepy as heck. School will be the death of me. 😫

Will Nina find KT?

Sibuna.