Chapter 4

Once they recollected themselves after that horrifying fall, they set out to track down the base they were supposed to eradicate. Taehyung walked behind his teammates, not letting go of his weapon, he hated the fact that he was away from home, his shield and teammates were what kept him on his feet.

"Taehyung, right ahead," Yoongi warned. Taehyung turned back to the front and saw Yoongi going ahead of them, going into the air and flying towards the base that was coming into view. Everyone was on their guard once Seokjin pulled out his gun from his belt. They could see a number of guards that were stationed in front of the metal doors. There were barbed fences in front of them and they were armed with rifles and shotguns. Taehyung swore that they even buried land mines into the dirt.

"Do we go straight ahead or stealth kill?" Jimin asked, ducking when a guard turned towards them. Taehyung did some random calculation in his head, trying to think of ways to get rid of them without actually attracting more guards from the base. Taehyung covered his head with his shield when he tried to think and regulate his breathing.

"We stealth kill, we get rid of those at the front quietly first." Taehyung finally decided. They stood up and snuck up to the base, hiding behind bushes and trees and sometimes Hoseok goes ahead of himself and forced them to go to their knees and stay there when they took the opportunity to knock him out completely. Jimin was in charge of rounding those up which were straying from their group, throwing kicks and punches when he spots them coming around the base and searching the woods. Taehyung took the chance and went into the base with Seokjin.

The assassin reloading his gun once they entered and slump against a wall. His hair matted against his forehead and Taehyung peeked around the corner. He motioned Seokjin to hand him a gun with silencer and Taehyung aimed it at the guard's chest and fired. The usually deafening sound was muted with the extra mechanism attached to the gun and the man dropped to the ground, blood pool around his chest. Taehyung lowered his head and went into the next hallway, cocking his head to the other side and motioned Seokjin to follow. The man ducked and moved quietly, hitting someone in the nose with the butt of his gun and kicking him in the face. He got to Taehyung and the soldier looked at the white metal door fixated at the end of the corridor.

"If I am right, that's where we get the information." Seokjin reminded. pointing at the door with the barrel of the gun. He looked around and tapped Taehyung on the shoulder, the soldier jumped and whipped his head back at the assassin who pointed at the door and nodded his head.

"No way, I cannot leave you out here like this." Taehyung objected, shaking his head furiously.

"I will secure this area, you can go retrieve the files and help out Yoongi. Trust me." Seokjin patted Taehyung on the shoulder and the soldier went on. He got to the door and creaked it open, curling his fingers around the handle and saw guards swarming Yoongi with guns pointed at every inch of his flesh possible. The man was totally vulnerable, his mechanic gloves and boots were scraped and scratched and there was the hard drive behind him, glowing blue and having loud static noises. He was open for any sort of attack, one wrong move and he could be shot dead.

Despite all this, Yoongi was standing there with a smug look on his face. He opened his mouth to speak, and everything came out in fluid German.

"Shoot me. See if I care. The only thing you are scared of is not me, is my friend." Yoongi said, not dropping the smug look. Taehyung took it as a calling and kicked the door opened, throwing his shield in dead accuracy and knocked the enemies down before the metal shield returned to him. He grabbed it and rushed towards Yoongi's side, protecting him from bullet shots as the enemies were slowly coming to and firing at the two. They avoided the computer, which was transferring data into a chip Yoongi brought along. The firing was persistent, Taehyung had to risk it and throw his shield a couple of times, trying to get a guard close enough to him ad snatching a gun away and kicking him in the gut.