Chapter 29

Sprry for the very long break in between the chapters! I was having exams and now since they are all over, here is a VERY long chapter ! Enjoy !
-

"Ah, yes. I will keep that in mind. If Jung kook wakes up, ring me up." Seokjin replied, pacing around the room as he talked on his phone.

"Did you find anything on Taehyung?" Jimin asked hopefully. Seokjin gave an audible sigh that had transfer the idea across. He could already hear the pacing of the speedster. His footsteps echoed in his head, mirroring his own pacing. "Well... alright. Call when you have found anything."

"Yeah. I will." Seokjin replied, slipping his hand into his pockets. Jimin ended the call and Seokjin through his phone onto the sofa, a loud sigh escaping from his lips as he grabbed the whiskey from his table.

Seokjin leaned against his the outdoor balcony from his suite, a glass of whiskey on the side of the railing. His black sweater and sweatpants hugged his figure loosely, his night was most probably ruined, his next mission was passed onto someone else and he was practically eager to get out of his apartment. The orange liquid swirled around the glass as he picked it up deftly with his fingers. He brought the glass to the edge of his lips, the smell of the alcohol attacking his nose, but he never drank it. He never did since the minute he poured it into his glass. He sets it down again, unwilling to drink it for the countless amount of times in the cold night.

He spotted the snow that dotted the city below, some fell into his hair, splattered on his shoulders and shirt. He brushed it off, the cold sending shiver down his chest. He sighed, leaving the whiskey behind him. He pulled open the door, the metal handle was stinging to his fingers. He grunted and finally got the door open, however, before he could step in, he heard someone getting onto the balcony.

"You ain't gonna finish your drink? 1964, it would taste good." The voice commented. Seokjin turned around and lunged towards the intruder, his hands grabbing the intruder's throat. The assassin then pushed the man over the edge of the balcony, his fingers digging into the flesh. The wind ripped through his hair and blew the mask off the male that was leaning back precariously over the balcony. Seokjin saw the mass amount of chocolate hair and the tanned skin under the moonlight.

"N-no..." His voice seemed to get clogged up in his throat. He lets go of the man's throat and took a few steps back. His shoes skidding against the wooden floor. His heart was racing off to the sky, he gulped, the tension was building in his throat, it was hurting him physically hurting him. The man unfolds himself from the railing and grabbed the whiskey off the edge, the liquid sloshing in the glass. The intruder ripped the hoodie away from his head and revealed the soldier that Seokjin had already presumed dead. Seokjin turned quickly and went into his apartment with the rush of nervousness. He snatched his gun with the silencer attached. He pointed the barrel at the soldier, unable to process everything clearly.

"Never. You are not real." Seokjin pushed, he was in denial, he knew that the man was standing right in front of him. He was in flesh and blood, walking, breathing and looking at him. Seokjin dips his gun tip a little, and dropped the weapon completely, he was drowning in an ocean of confusion as the man took a few steps forward, bringing the glass of whiskey with him. Seokjin could not move, he was rooted to the ground, his feet seemed to coated with thick layers of cement and the thing that haunts him was coming towards his being at lightning speed. "You are not real."

"I am."

"Y-you lived!" Seokjin yelled, flinging the glass of whiskey away from Taehyung's hands. The glass flew and hits the ground, the sound of broken glass flying everywhere, skidding against the floor. "Then why?! WHY?! It was so long! Why didn't you visit Jung kook?! He went his way to hide documents from HYYH just to get us away from the trouble of another broken society!" The blonde shouted. "You don;t understand how much trauma he had suffered, his mind...it's painful to see him hiding everything from everyone else."