Chapter 23

"Brooklyn. Interesting." Namjoon said as Jung kook recounted what Arrowway said before.

"There's no Cipher base that we know of in Brooklyn as of right now," Seokjin argued. "The one we sought out has been brought down by Cipher themselves, it would be stupid to go and check. "

Jimin took control over the digital map and swiped to the left, the camera followed and he pin pointed one destination in Brooklyn. He zoomed in and pointed at the area. "Our home base is now a Cipher base. That's where we are supposed to go. That's where they are hiding the rest of enhanced soldiers, they are going to launch the project tomorrow. They will deploy airships and drop those soldier into the city. And the consequences are millions of people loosing their lives for the wrong cause."

Taehyung stepped in to state his own opinion. "The main Cipher base in Brooklyn is no surprise. The only problems here is to get those soldiers to stand down and not harm anyone."

"But then again, we have to make use of others means, I will have to control a platoon of them, it won't be easy." Hoseok cut in, imposing his one view. "Plus, their minds contain nothing, I cannot control them based on any grasp of memory. This is more difficult that I thought it would be."

Jung kook looked at Hoseok and wondered what will happen if his body was taken control of the man. His abilities already spiked something that was supernatural to him.

Taehyung walked forward and opened a new file showing the brain of the enchanted solders. He pulled out the pictures and showed them to the rest. He explained how the mind is the main core that controls the soldier's and there was no other control panel expect to disable the drug that was already pumped throughout their system. He was wearing uncontrollably, remembering how the bright colored liquid run through his veins at top speed as he heard his heart race. He wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued how he explained the whole situation.

"The only way to stop them is if all of us operate as one. Keep everyone at a down low and move as one solider. The wild minimize the suspicion." Jimin said, looking at Jung kook. The man shuffled uncomfortably as all the eyes were set on him, pushing him harshly into the spot light. "Jung kook can't do it, he is someone that they deem as a traitor. We can't send him." Jimin smoothed out his hair and folded his arms, leaning against the table and looking at Taehyung.

Namjoon stepped in as they weren't getting anywhere, Taehyung moved away and let Namjoon take control of the panel. The man puts on a set of glasses before finally setting onto one main idea where everything pointed at it.

"Taehyung would serve as the host."

"No. He can't. You can't risk his life anymore, you already did when you sent him to stop the base in Germany." Seokjin protested.

"I will go with him." Jung kook offered, folding his arms. "He would be best with me, both of us know our rules and we are the most compatible offense wise."

Taehyung looked at his teammates bickering amongst each other and looked at the messy piles of files that littered the table. He knew the clock would be ticking and they will have to act fast. Arrowway's ordeal would be made known and Taehyung could not afford to loose any more time. Jimin slipped next towards the soldier and the soldier shook his head. "I will go."

Jung kook was first to react to what Taehyung and decided on. The male was distraught, having to know how impulsive Taehyung was. The brunette looked at Namjoon with certainty, but Jung kook shook his head furiously, not agreeing on the fact that Taehyung going solo. The brunette stepped forward and looked at Namjoon, something in his mind was telling me it was just another mental challenge he was thrown into for nothing. He looked at Namjoon, his boss had the intensity as Jung kook once had. The determination to do whatever that was right.

"When do we start?"

"They launch tomorrow morning."

"Great." Seokjin cursed. Slamming his fist onto the table which made Jung kook and Jimin jump. A few pieces of paper fluttered to the ground and Hoseok grabbed a few documents that drifted to his foot. The man scanned it and searched for the documents on the computer. He placed them in front of his own team. The pictures showed three generators that were taken on an airship. The generator was pulsing blue and there were pods surrounding the generators, each carrying one super soldier.

"There are still in deep sleep, if we can destroy the generators, we can get rid of them as their state cannot operate until they send a signal. They will have a system failure." Hoseok hypothesized. Taehyung looked at the pods, the soldiers in a state of hibernation. "This would be an easy task for Taehyung, if they don't find out that you are infiltrating the area, they wouldn't be able to wake the soldiers up prematurely."

"We still need precaution. We need people at the tower." Jimin interjected. "How about this, Hoseok and I will go to the tower. Seokjin, you will have to take care of the oncoming enemies. Taehyung and Jung kook will destroy the generators."

"What about Yoongi?" Namjoon asked. The room fell into silence. What happened before really took a blow in everyone. Yoongi did not even want to talk when Jimin brought food. The speedster had to leave silently before they fought for the n-th time of the day.

"Forget him. If he doesn't want to join in, then don't." Jimin jabbed. Taehyung looked at the silver haired man, who seemed very hurt and miserable after saying those words. The soldier knew he didn't mean it, but what Yoongi did was rash. Sure, the person who killed your parents stood in front of you, you would have the urge to kill. But whereas for Jung kook, the man did not know what he was doing. Half of the time, he did not know who he was.

"So it's settled," Namjoon announced.

*

Taehyung laid onto his bed and closed his eyes. He was close to being a sleep and he felt someone pulling him up and he opened his eyes again, the pressure felt warm on his arm. He noticed Jung kook standing in front of him and his face stricken with fear, he was sweating uncontrollably, his hand was shaking. Strands of hair matted in his forehead he tried not to drop onto the ground.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked groggily. He sat up comfortably and held Jung kook's hands guiding his friend to sit down in front of him. Jung kook scooted into the bed, folding his legs and seemed too interested in the creases appearing on the stark white sheets. Taehyung was patiently waiting for an answer. swaying their hands left and right in a comforting manner. The black haired male looked at their hands, his pupils dilating and filled with terror as he tried to recall what he wanted to say. Jung kook's grip on Taehyung's hand tightened.

"I almost did it." Jung kook muttered. "I almost did it." His voice cracked as he spoke out, he sounded like a strangled gasp. His words came out airy and tired.

"Did what?" Taehyung asked gently, stroking the back of Jung kook's hands with his thumb. He brought it over his friends' veins and bones.

Jung kook turned his head and looked at the ground, Taehyung followed his friend's line of vision and saw a glistening knife lying silently on the carpet. The metal glinted under the bedside lamp. Taehyung glanced back at Jung kook, the orange light casting a dark and warm shadow on his thin face. Sweat rolled down his temples and hitting his eyelashes. Taehyung reached out and held Jung kook's face, his hand framing the other's face. The soldier looked up and the brunette wiped away tears with the pad of his thumb.

"It's okay. You didn't hurt me." Taehyung reassured as Jung kook looked away slowly. "You conquered it. It's okay."

"Are you sure? Why do you...? Trust me? You never know if I wanted to hurt you before!" Jung kook said. "Do... trust me that much to invite me back here?"

Taehyung looked at his friend as he cracked a small smile, raising a fist and hitting Jung kook playfully in the chest. He remembered how he used to do that when he gets embarrassed, using it as an excuse to his friend's attention when he got bored or jealous. "What an idiot." That line, that line was also said countless of times when Taehyung came back from a mission with bruises and fresh injuries. Jung kook would always scold, flick the brunette's forehead and scold repeatedly until Taehyung said he was sorry. "I trust you because I know you have changed. You are slowly becoming the man I used to know."