Chapter 31

"Let's get you back to my place, okay?" Jimin whispered his hand on the upper portion of Seokjin's strong back. "We can calm you down there." His voice was fragile, he tried not to sound as broken, but without Hoseok's help, his soothing ability, Seokjin was basically not able to function for a few hours.

Jimin feared that his friend would stare at a blank wall for hours at a time, his eyes empty as he would not move a slight vein. He led his friend down slowly towards the lift, focusing to put one foot forward.

"He is still alive." Seokjin breathes out, his voice crackly and hoarse. He wiped the tears away from his eyes and cheeks. He sniffles and stood up straight, his posture rigid and forced. "I was supposed to tell you." Jimin was confused, his kept his hand on Seokjin's stiff back, the speedster tried to process whatever nonsense his friend had just spluttered out. Who was still alive? He pressed both of his lips together and stitched both of his eyebrows together, he was about to say something, anything, to fill the silence between them.

Seokjin shook his head and let out a sigh, his lips trembling. His tear stained cheeks were sunken, he did not have the usual glow he possessed a few years ago. Or rather, a few months ago when Seokjin was still happy to join the company along with Namjoon. Jimin's phone rang in his pocket, the cell buzzed near his leg and he fumbled to get it out, almost dropping it in the process.

He did not recognize the number, the shrill ring began to buzz in his head. The number was just labeled as "Unknown", Jimin was hesitant to pick up such a number, he did not want to tracked down. Slowly, he answered the call and phone and brought the speaker next to his ear. He glanced at Seokjin apologetically, the assassin returned a smaller smile and motioned for Jimin to go on. The younger man turned and huffed, ready to scold the other person on the other line when a voice spoke up from the other side.

"Jimin." It said. Jimin almost dropped his phone once more. No, it couldn't be him. "Listen to me."

"How would I know if you are real?" The speedster chokes out, swallowing thickly. His fingers were trembling and he was growing very restless, he tapped his foot on the ground at a very fast pace, the sound was added on to the weird and oddly faint static noise he received on the other line.

"I will prove it to you." He said. He paused for a few seconds as if he was weighing out his choices. "Meet me on the roof of the main base now. You and I have to talk privately."

"What about Seokjin, he is with me now." Jimin snapped, his words were said through gritted teeth and balled up fists.

"He knows, he can come too." The other person replied. Jimin ended the call and stuffed it in his pockets. He pulled out a set of bandages from his hot pockets and quickly wrapped his hands around it, the fabric twirled around the edge of his knuckles and palms. The speedster ripped it apart and brought Seokjin along with him into the vacant loft and punched the number that goes towards the roofs. He stood stiffly to the side, his fingers were shaking and he grabbed his hand tightly.

"You didn't tell me." Jimin started off, his voice barely a whisper.

"The walls have ears". Seokjin replied.

The blonde stopped talking and looked away, his black eyes fixed on the hangar below them. Jimin started to get more restless, he began tapping his foot rapidly on the ground. The rhythmic tapping was going to drive the younger man crazy. The elevator came to a stop and the doors rolled open, Jimin quickly stepped out and pushed another heavy duty for open with his hand. His body had a mind of its own, it was not controlled by Jimin himself anymore, it was something else, driving him over the edge.

Seokjin grabbed Jimin's shoulder, and the speedster was pulled back by a few steps.

"Fair warning, you must be ready for this. He is not the same man he might claim he is." Seokjin said.