Chapter 8

Slight trigger warning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taehyung, let me see it." Jimin urged once they got back. They were using Jimin's apartment as he was not strictly monitored by the home base.Jimin threw his glasses onto the table, the soldier slumped himself onto the bed and took off the shield that was attached on his back.

"It's no big deal, I just got into a fight," Taehyung grumbles, pulling his whole body away from the other man.

"Oh ha ha, the old man got into a fight. I am worried, let me see it." Jimin demands his hand in front of him, asking for something. Taehyung was stubborn, and the soldier knows it himself, he was stubborn to the core. He pulled away from Jimin who bit his lips in frustration, he even scrunched up his nose, a sign of annoyance.

Well, Taehyung should explain what happened in that two days when Hoseok was bringing everyone back. He ran in with some home base people who slashed his back and legs. Apparently bandaging it up was not good enough, because soon, the bandaging began to tear and splotches of blood were seeping through his jeans. The soldier huffed and took off his sweater when he saw Jimin not relenting, his piercing eyes staring at Taehyung until he speaks up or do something. It was something the shorter man had developed, knowing that the soldier would get uncomfortable with staring.

Taehyung discarded his sweater somewhere on the floor, revealing dirty bandages going around his chest, abdomen, and back. There were old scars forming across his collarbone and side. There was skin discoloration around the scars and Taehyung felt his dog tags pressing against his bandages. The soldier grunted when Jimin went next to Taehyung. the bed dipping a little when the speedster sat down next to the brunette.

"What happened to you?" Jimin asked.

"Nothing," Taehyung replied coldly, turning around to face the other wall when Jimin's hands went to his face. "I will be fine."

"You will NOT be fine," Jimin argued back. Taehyung turned and faced the other man, getting really annoyed how everyone treated him like glass that may break anytime soon. He felt vulnerable like that, he understands that he can and will get hurt since he's still human. But Jimin always asking Taehyung if he was feeling alright really makes him feel like he was a burden to everyone else.

"Like I said, you don't understand. Jimin, let me get this straight," Taehyung paused and got his sweater from the floor. "no matter how god damn hard you try to fix or understand me, you can't."

Taehyung slips into the sweater and got up, his figure towering over the speedster. Jimin tugs a strand of his hair behind his ear and held back an insult before he starts to hurl every bad word he knew in his dictionary towards the soldier. The soldier's heart wrenched when Jimin turns and faced the wall, before going out of the room. To prove his point, Jimin slammed the door shut. The whole room seemed to rattle.

The noise echoed in Taehyung's head as he laid on the bed and slowly drifted off the sleep.

*

There was a loud bang and blue light engulfed Taehyung and Jung kook. They were in a high-speed train that was going across mountainous areas. There was a gaping hole at the side and the snowy wind was pushing them to the opposite side. There, in front of them was the former leader of Cipher. He carried a machine gun that found penetrate human flesh as of it was nothing.

Jung kook's cover was blown, his weapon dented and unusable. It had become scrap metal, Taehyung decided to advance and ran towards the leader with his shield covering the chest, he threw it and missed it by an earshot, he cursed loudly, resulting in kicking and punching the leader into submission.