Chapter 28

Jung kook had made his own decision and made himself look more presentable. He slipped into a white dress shirt and black pants, he picked up a black tie. The man had to rummage about the closet drawers to pick out a single black glove to cover up his hand. He gathered up the documents and sealed them back into the orange envelope. He threw open Taehyung's closet and spotted a suitcase sitting in a corner. He pulled it out from the pile of clothes and flicked it open. Jung kook spotted other old photos of families and nature. The man shook his head and took out the photos, placing them onto the duvet on the bed.

Jung kook did not need them, but he felt he needed to look at them once more. Yet, the remembrance of someone who was presumably dead did not sit well on his chest. Jung kook sighed and threw the envelopes inside the suitcase and headed out the door. He tightened his grip on his suitcase as he scampered down the empty staircases. He got out of the old apartment building and saw the tall building of HYYH standing bright and proud. The man tidied his hair and dusted a few specks of snow dotting in his strands. The cold wind was cool on his heated skin, Jung kook broke into a stride, walking past cars and lampposts. Passing the passersby who wrapped themselves in their thick parkas and sweaters. His mind was filled with murky thoughts as he continued walking, letting his face bask in the sunlight that was peeking through the fluffy clouds. He crossed the road once again, scampering towards the other side of the busy street.

He caught the scent of coffee and pastries. He took a glance into the shop and saw couples and families inside, chatting and laughing. His heart wrenched a little, a cramping feeling could be felt constricting in his chest. The soldier turned away and continued walking, his eyes now trained on the ground. He sighed, noticing mist gathering around his lips. Jung kook looked up, seeing the sun shining brightly above him. He stopped at crossroads, observing the cars rush down the road. His eyes found another young boy at the opposite side, his black hood covered his face and wore combat boots, both of his hands were stuffed into his hood pocket.

The figure glanced to the side as his thin legs shifted. Jung kook noted the traffic lights turned red and walked quickly to the other side. His eyes glanced down at the boy, how returned the stare with an equally threatening stare. His irises were pitch black and it seemed to be a pot of black ink, the soldier turned and the boy flickered, before fully disappearing.

"People are following me." Jung kook muttered, turning back to the front and saw the boy in front of him, reaching out for his suitcase. Jung kook ripped it from the boy's reach, he turned sharply and skidded to a stop when another boy appeared from the sky, dropping to the ground and landing silently on his feet. The first he met wore white, the second wore black and the last wore grey. They must have some kind of connection with each other unless they were the kids in the picture with Jimin. The one in grey charged quickly, his fingers engulfed in flames. The red embers ran towards Jung kook's face like a demon, the soldier deflected it with his hand and felt the leather glove heat up quickly. He pushed the boy aside and began running, keeping an eye out for his suitcase and glancing behind his shoulder and saw how the two figures were chasing him, and gaining on him.

The male had to take a few sharp turns into buildings and hid from them, slamming himself against an alleyway wall and catching his breath and he spotted the two figures running pat him. He took off once he scoured the area, he went directly to Jimin, forget running from the two and finding answers from HYYH, he needs to clarify doubts right then he dashed towards the speedster's apartment, running as fast as his legs could take him. He walked through mobs of people to try fit in, and Jung his head low when he spotted the strikingly white hoodie in the middle of the busy crowd. He walked quickly and entered a new building, the cold finally wearing off his body, welcoming heat wrapped around his chest. He took the stairs, no point trying to take the le store when Jimin lived on the tenth floor. His footsteps echoed up and down the stairwell and the soldier could not help but curse loudly.