Chapter 33

Seokjin drove up towards a gas station, the car came into a jittery stop. Jung kook shifted in his seat, holding back a loud yawn and rubbing his eyes. He almost dozed off whilst Seokjin was driving, the man left the engine on, getting out of the vehicle to refill the fuel. Jung kook turned around and saw the three brothers curled comfortably next to each other. Seokjin knocked on the car window and Jung kook got startled. He turned and the blonde motioned him to come out of the car.

"It's the afternoon, we might want to get them something to eat. They can't be on a run without energy... same as to you." Seokjin stated. Jung kook bit the insides of his cheek, he sighed and returned a statement. "My body will be fine, get the food for them and yourself, I can hold on a bit longer."

Jung kook glanced back to the three brothers and shook his head, it was a signal to the other that his decision was final. More cars drove in and the soldier hid his arm behind his back, being extra cautious to not let anyone notice. Seokjin cleared his throat and fished out his wallet before handing Jung kook some cash. "I'll get some food for them, you'll just help them out." Seokjin sighed. Jung kook nodded and reopened the car door, he clambered back into the vehicle and walked the three boys up gently. Once the trio decided to wake up groggily, the man turned back around, he leaned further back into his seat, eyeing the road and the rest of the gas station.

"Where's Seokjin?" BamBam asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Went to pay for gas, he's gonna get some food for you guys." Jung kook roughly explained. He heard someone spoke, asking another curious question perhaps, but he got distracted when a black car pulled over. Jung kook squinted and spotted the HYYH symbol on the side of the transport. He leaned forward and picked up his shield from the ground, his fingers curling over the old leather. Three men exited the car and wore vests that he assumed to be bulletproof and guns holstered around their hips. He lifted his shield off the ground, his eyes following the men's' every movement. He gritted his teeth as the men walked past their vehicle, not sparing a glance at them, yet he kept his face on the down low.

"Stay here, I'm going to find Seokjin." Jung kook said, exiting the car without his shield. He slammed the door shut and went towards the small convenience store. The men entered the store and Seokjin was just about to leave. He was going to rush there when a pair of hands grabbed him from behind. Jung kook got startled, he never knew that there was going to be a surprise attack. He turned and brought his elbow to the person behind him. He turned and saw a hooded figure, his face covered with a mask. The figure was hunched, both of his hands were covering his nose. Jung kook quickly glanced back at the convenience store and Seokjin had disappeared. He turned back the masked man he did a sloppy dropkick, yet the man swiftly jumped over it.

"If you value your life, I suggest you don't fight me. I am here to help." He reached out and grabbed Jung kook's metal arm. The soldier's eyes widen and immediately snatched his own arm away. Jung kook huffed and glared daggers at the other person, sending a clear message that he did not want to get bothered at all. He was going to throw a punch when something about the man's eyes just sent shivers down his spine. The whiskey brown that held onto something mysterious and sad. BamBam exited the car and stood beside Jung kook, clearing knowing that there was a dispute going on. However, the man did not even flinch when tendrils of electricity appeared between the kid's fingers.

"When you get there, find Park Jinyoung and Kim Yugeom. If you can convince them, they can help you get Jimin out." He started off. BamBam growled and took a step forward, but Jung kook held out his arm to stop the boy from moving any closer.

"What do you mean by getting Jimin out? You know things that we don't. Tell us more, we have to know." Jung kook demanded. The man shifted uncomfortably, his head turned slightly towards the side of the store and he shuffled his feet. Jung kook knew the man was in a rush, his hands were loosely curled together in a form of a loosened fist and he took out a piece of paper from the pocket of his jeans and stuffed it into Jung kook's hands.