Chapter 10

Are you enjoying the story so far? :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin gripped onto Taehyung as they plunged down. The elevator crashed into the ground after a few long seconds and the whole box rattled on the spot. The impact must have triggered something and the lights illuminated the whole new room in front of them. There was a whole new room beneath the original HYYH base.

On the furthermost wall, there was a red star painted on the gray wall. The red was really eye catching, representing Cipher as "The Order" or a group that aimed to destroy everything and builds a new world on top of the ashes of the old.

There a monitor facing them. The technology was ancient, the screen was small and the computer bulky and box like. Jimin ran towards it, and peered at the computer, knocking on the screen and squinting his eyes at it. Taehyung took the time to process what was around him, thousands upon thousands of hard drives were placed on the ground. Wheels of tapes were fixed into the drives.

"What's this? This technology... this is old and useless!" Jimin exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air in frustration. "We came here for nothing?!"

"No, look," Taehyung said pointing at a port placed on the table. The port was new, too new. It glowed blue like the thumb drive that Taehyung had. The soldier fished it out from his pocket and looked at it, the tip looked like it could fit inside the port. He inserted it in, and the drives have begun moving, the computer whirred to life and the screen flashed green. The hard drives were turning and clicking as it was not used in ages.

It slowly typed out the words "enter?", there was a line that was blinking and awaiting for a response. Jimin turned to the keyboard and typed in "yes", alphabet by alphabet. He pressed enter and the drives spun more vigorously, tapes were being rolled and information was being processed. The screen flashed green again, codes and upon codes fell onto each other, forming a deformed face on the screen. It left the eye sockets pure black, there wasn't a single pixel portraying emotion. It was all machine.

The camera on the side moved and aimed at Taehyung face.

"Taehyung, Kim." A German-accented voice spoke. The camera spun to Jimin. "Jimin, Park."

"This must be some kind of recording. Who are you?" Taehyung asked, turning towards the screen again. The computer could not be sentient, the technology was old, too old to be made into a super computer.

"This is not a recording. I may not be the same man I was when you took me, prisoner. But I still am. " The computer spoke, the face moving along with his words. Taehyung squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. "You know me, soldier."

"You know this...thing?" Jimin asked.

The sentence rang the bell, he was the one that created Taehyung. He was the one who took away from his parents and brainwashed him, turning him into a killer soldier. Taehyung involuntarily clenched his fists and it was Jimin's turn to ask the questions. "Stein Arroway was a German scientist who worked for Cipher. He's been dead for years...decades even...This is not possible."

"Correction, I am Russian. The second correction, look around you. I have never been more alive. You are in my brain. " Taehyung turned and finally realized how dangerous and powerful the scientist was.

"You see, I am immortal. I was invited as a scientist to work at HYYH, I was the little bug that created the colony of secret Cipher agents in the biggest base in the country." His robotic voice sounded. His camera turned towards the thousands of hard drive spreaders out within the ground. "After I died, they saved my conscious into the thousands of hard drive. I am a living computer."