Chapter 19

"Duty calls," Taehyung said as alarms were raised. The lights and sirens were blaring and the ear stinging sound was filling the room. Taehyung let's go of Jung kook's hands as he stood up and quickly changed into his suit. He grimaced when he heard shifting behind him and zips being pulled. As he tightened the arm guards, he turned around, only to see Jung kook suiting up as well.

He had his arm reprogrammed by Yoongi, who gingerly agreed after Taehyung promised to set him up with Jimin. The black haired male slipped into his gloves and clenched his fists to test out the feeling of the new material.

Taehyung took his shield from his bedside and rushed out. He met Hoseok and Seokjin at the entrance, the assassin, firing at the intruders and Hoseok blasting his golden energy outside. He saw wisps of blue outside and he gripped his shield tighter. He ran towards the entrance, Jung kook following close behind him. As the brunette got close to mind reader and blonde. Seokjin yelled at Taehyung to fight without any planning.

"You don't have a plan?" Taehyung yelled back, blocking a bullet that came dialing for him.

"No time for a plan! The attack just started and it was a surprise!" Hoseok filled in quickly.

Taehyung ran out to the battlefield and he knocked one man out before kicking one away. He caught Yoongi in his own suit, a metal and robotic suit and he flew around in the sky, he blasted something from his palms and it sliced through aircraft that were landing on the grassy ground. Jung kook picked out an abandoned gun from the ground and fired at a few advancing enemies. Taehyung threw his shield at one of them, knocking him to the ground.

"You take down ones that are coming towards me, I have to the airship!" Taehyung shouted over his shoulder as Jung kook fired again, this time his aim was a little off, only grazing the advancing enemy's shoulder. Taehyung ran forward, ducking as he could hear firing from the back and front. He managed to get through the messy crowd without any injuries and kneed one man on the head. He spotted his shield at the side, covering in dust and dirt as others enclosed around him, blocking his view of his own weapon.

He got up and looked at the ring of men surrounding him. They were wearing bullet proof vests with the red star on the side of his chest. They had masks over his face, only covering up until their noses. They eyes were exposed, some of them were blue, black and even brown. Taehyung stood up and straight and looked at them, he saw one trembling with the gun. His hands were shaking as he pointed the barrel at the soldier's body.

Taehyung smirked and spread his hands out, getting ready for the fire. He already knew that it would happen. He will get distracted and thus he would get surrounded. But he always has a backup, always.

Someone tossed something at him and it landed near Taehyung's booted feet. The object bounced and rolled around, it was fizzing and Taehyung could smell the stench of gunpowder and fire. He picked it up from the ground and threw it behind, after that he dove away, rolled out of the circle. The enemies were still clueless and he picked up his shield from the side and hooked it up with his arm guard. As Taehyung counted down in his head, he heard the fizzing getting louder by the second. There was a split second of silence, and then an explosion in the middle of the ring of guards. Taehyung deflected away from the debris and took off.

He dodged a punch and punched back, right at the man's jaw. He heard a harsh snap and the man dropped to the ground. Taehyung ran across the field and saw Jimin run toward him, the latter stopped and had his hands on his thighs, his back facing the battle and mess behind him. He panted and trying to catch his breath, Taehyung was about to say something, but he sassily held up his hand as he inhaled a greedy amount of air again.

Taehyung shook his head and kicked down the air craft's door. It seemed to be the center of everything, but before he could do anything with the damaged door that's hanging off its hinges, someone leaped on top of him and had his or her legs strung around his neck. That person pulled out something and hooked it around Taehyung's neck. The material felt like string, the material was digging into his skin, he could feel anything bleed, but dark spots appearing in his vision as he tried to force the material away from his neck. That person began hitting him on the head, trying to yield him into unconsciousness.