Chapter 18

Something was wrong when the Winter Soldier woke up. He expected to be in his room or at least a cell, but he was in a room with bright white lights and a monotonous beep beside him. With one hand, he managed to smash the machine into pieces beside him. The pieces flew everywhere, wires, plastic, and metal littered the ground. The commotion he created as caught the attention of some people outside. The door burst open and he saw five men at the door, one was giving commands.

"Hold him down!" Someone shouted. He thrashed in bed, not comfortable with the soft bedding below him. He shifted slightly and saw many people in black suits grabbing his shoulders and legs and pinning him down onto the bed again. His instincts kicked in and he jerked his elbow to his side, hitting someone's face with his elbow and began to take down some people by knocking them out.

Before he could do more and escape capture, he was pinned down even more, someone disabled his metal arm by denting the nervous connector, his power arm was useless and he was electrocuted on his torso. He bit his tongue to stop his cry for help and it drew blood. The metallic taste in his mouth made him want to gag. He went limp and as those men chained him up on the bed, he was given a vision of when he woke up from a hard bed, his sight was blurry and the smell of blood and sweat evident in the weird room. He saw a scientist carrying a clip board and examined his arm. "Good. You are doing very well." he drawled out in German.

As his sight cleared, he was now bound to the metal grills behind him and a drug was force fed to him to keep him from moving and using his arm. He turned and looked at his prosthetic, seeing it crackle and the faint light was fading from the core and power relay, he knew his arm would not last very long on him before it shuts down completely. He knew he must do something, his body cannot handle the pain without drugs in his body. He needed it so his nervous system would not malfunction and reject the man made object. His mind was going against itself, hundreds of brain washing were catching up to him.

He hung his head low and closed his eyes, trying to force out whatever that was spiking pain at the back of his head. He saw the blurred image of mountains and a train that sped over the head. It was shaky, it was cold. he could feel the cold from the image that floated in the black abyss other called memory. The image was shifting like it was a glitch, from green and pink and black, disappearing completely. Once it disappeared, he heard people talking in German, something cold was all over his body and he could not feel his limbs. It felt very cold on his back and he started moving, straying from where he had laid. He saw a trail of blood from his arm, dragged across the snowy ground and leaving small pools of it when he stopped moving.

"Jung kook." A familiar yet strange voice filled his ears. He looked up, his mind not registering anything as he saw a man wrapped in bandages at the door. The people in black all left, leaving him all alone on the bed. he relished the feeling on being alone, he was used to it that even on missions, he would always split from his own ground and carry it out on his own. "How are you feeling?"

He did not want to answer. Actually, he was not given the order to answer. Scratch that, he did not know if the man was even talking to him. The name did not sound familiar to him at all, it was foreign. "Answer...please?" the man asked again.

The man was addressing it to him. "Fuh...Fine." he tried out, his voice rusty and hoarse from not using it for so long. He was made to not talk when under a superior, and technically he was kept in the room because he got beaten, and talking freely like that made him nervous and scared of what's to come.

The man got beside the soldier and sat down. He kept his eyes on his legs as the man unlocked the chain that was on his wrists and the soldier immediately retracted his hand from the man and noticed the man's arms were bound into something too, something white and looked like fabric. He was hesitant to touch it, he was about to ask something when the man opened his mouth, then the soldier sealed his mouth shut.