01 ➵ meeting

01 meeting

the cafe was quiet, not many people filled the rectangular room which made her feel slightly better. the last thing she wanted was to be surrounded by people.

she took out her silver macbook, placing it quietly on the red table as she put the disc into the disc drive and waited for it to load.

while she was waiting, she took a sip of her tall latte, the warmth of the liquid warming up her entire body as she brought her red jumper closer to her body. it hung loosely over her black skinny jeans, her converse squeaking against the floor as she impatiently tapped her foot against it.

she took the bobble that was wrapped around her wrist as she quickly plaited her hair to the side, the plait resting on her shoulder, pushing her hair out of her face so she could focus on the screen of her macbook.

she heard the door open behind her but she didn't turn in her seat to see who it was, instead she kept her head down hoping that whoever it was, they wouldn't sit near her.

but that was exactly what happened because a few minutes later, the black leather chair next to her made an unbearable noise as the legs were dragged against the floor, before the person finally took a seat.

"ah you're a sims fan then?" a low raspy voice spoke causing her to turn slightly in her seat as she took in his features.

his black and red hair made her smile considering they were her favourite colours. his skinny jeans seemed to match hers as her eyes wandered over his body; his eyes doing the same to her body.

"what gave you that idea?" she asked him, the smile still evident on her face.

now it was his turn to smile, most people would have either ignored his question or simply nodded so he appreciated her effort at a conversation.

"oh I don't know, you just look like a sim fanatic," he said, watching her reaction as she raised an eyebrow at him.

"takes one to know one," she replied, shrugging her shoulders and continuing to start the game.

"exactly." was all he replied with and she wondered about the boy sat next to her.

most people would judge her for playing such a 'childish' game but to her, the game wasn't childish, it cured boredom and it made her happy. and he seemed to love it too which suddenly made everything seem better.

"i'm charlie," she said, stretching her hand out for him to shake it.

"i'm michael," he replied, shaking her hand before they both looked at the game in front of them.

they both sat there in silence for a few minutes until charlie broke it, "fancy joining my game?"

he thought about it as he scooted closer to her on his chair, "how could I say no?"