10 ➵ creeped out

10 creeped out

they didn't say anything to each other, instead they both just sat there in silence, both of their eyes locked on the game in front of them, a gap between their seats that wasn't there before.

michael wanted to show her he felt the same way but he didn't know how. he was super awkward in situations like these, and he made it pretty obvious that he was awkward which just made the situation a whole lot worse. his awkwardness sometimes came across as rejection and that's exactly what he could see on charlie's face. and it hurt him to see her like that, to see her so vulnerable.

he hovered the mouse over the sims making them talk to each other as charlie's sim began shaking her head.

"you're creeping my sim out", charlie said in a monotone voice as she quickly looked at michael before dropping her gaze back to the floor. She hoped that he didn't notice but he did and it gave him a strange tingling sensation knowing that she was looking at him.

"sorry", michael replied, the only thing he could think of saying at that precise moment.

"it's weird right? because my sim is the one getting creeped out yet in real life, it's you the one who's creeped out"

"charlie, don't you think i already know that?", michael remarked causing him to clasp his hand over his mouth before backtracking over his words, "shit, i'm sorry, that was a tad harsh".

"you think i care about that right now? i think i can cope with you being a prick michael"

"stop, i'm sorry, i truly am, i didn't mean to snap at you, can we just move past this?", michael pleaded with her as charlie caught his gaze, the edge of her lips rising slightly into a small smile as he mirrored her actions. they were so alike, they just refused to admit it.

it was so obvious to everyone else in the cafe that they both liked each other; but they didn't seem to see it for themselves.

"move past this? meaning what, we forget about all of this?", charlie wondered out loud as michael nodded and in that moment, she felt her heart shatter; she fell too easily.

"please?", michael pleaded once more before charlie reluctantly agreed.

"are you friend zoning me michael clifford?", charlie asked and when a silence took over them, she once again mentally slapped herself, that was until she saw michael moving closer to her, a smile on his face.

he grabbed her cheeks, his fingertips tracing light shapes on them as he looked at her beautiful features. he took a strand of her hair, placing it delicately behind her ear before he moved to within an inch of her lips, brushing them softly together, their first kiss.

"you never were in the friend zone and you never will be", he breathed before attaching his lips to hers, the second kiss of their relationship but definitely not the last.