02 ➵ designing the male sim

02 designing the male sim

the game had finally loaded so both michael and charlie could design their sim family. the menu loaded and they both slightly smiled, ready to finally get started.

"i think our first sim should be a man," michael commented, with a hint of a smile in his voice.

"excuse me? don't you think that's a little bit sexist?" she answered him, although she knew he was joking.

"man of the household and all that crap, not sexist, just the truth," he smiled at her, taking over her macbook and beginning to design the sim.

he chose the body image of the man making sure that he had all the muscle he could. charlie raised her eyebrows at him especially when in the name box, michael put his own.

"you're seriously calling the sim michael clifford? it doesn't even look like you." she said, looking at him as her eyes scanned his body before returning to the sim on the screen.

"yeah, it's like looking in the mirror, you haven't seen what's underneath my clothes baby," he joked but it gave charlie butterflies and she almost had to pinch herself to show her that he really did say that.

"okay whatever, moving on," charlie awkwardly smiled before she watched Michael continue making himself on sims.

he progressed on to picking the clothes, trying to make his sim or himself as fashionable as possible.

charlie raised her eyebrows at him as michael turned in his seat to look at her better.

"what?" michael asked, making a face at charlie.

"it's just a game, no one is going to care what clothes your sim wears, hurry up and decide," charlie responded, leaning back in her chair before calling over the waiter that was a few tables away.

"hello, what would you like?" the waiter asked, taking his pen and paper out of the front of his apron ready to write the order down.

"i'll have the same again please," charlie responded, gesturing to her long gone tall latte before gesturing to michael.

"uh yeah i'll have the same." michael added as he clicked on the nightwear section for his sim.

"oh why can't they have a sleep naked option?"

"i think that's a little inappropriate don't you think michael? i mean kids play this game."

"you wouldn't see anything, they'd blur it out and sleeping naked isn't inappropriate, it's the best way to sleep, it makes you feel free."

"oh how very philosophical of you, now hurry up so i can design my sim yeah?" charlie urged him and michael nodded.

he clicked on the traits section before scrolling through the options available.

"what traits would you say i have?" michael asked and charlie instantly began thinking.

"um I would personally say couch potato because you don't look like the sporty type, computer whiz because you obviously play a lot of games, virtuoso because musical, good sense of humour because you can make me laugh and lastly i would say friendly," charlie answered and michael looked dumbfounded by her answer.

"oh wow, it's like you've known me your entire life, i'm not the sporty type, that involves too much effort on my behalf. computer whiz yes, i'm forever playing computer games. virtuoso now why would you say that? i agree to the rest as well, it's honestly like you read my mind though i'm only friendly to people i like," michael commented, picking all the same traits for his sim as charlie said except he changed the couch potato for the complete opposite; athletic.

"i know you're musical, you're in a band, i don't live under a rock or anything," charlie laughed and it felt nice to be recognised by someone but still treated like a normal person, "and you're not athletic so your sim shouldn't be."

to him, it felt nice.

"excuse me, i do what i want, it's your turn charlie, let's see how your sim turns out."