19 ➵ day seven

19 day seven

michael had stayed over that night so they had cuddled on the sofa till gone midnight before they finally trudged upstairs to bed, falling over in the dark as they felt their way through the house.

"why don't we just turn the lights on?" michael suggested but charlie hit him on the arm.

"that'll ruin the fun dumbass" charlie replied as she giggled to herself.

"god i have a childish girlfriend"

charlie stopped, causing michael to walk straight into her knocking her off her feet.

"what did you just say?" charlie asked as michael helped her to her feet, struggling to keep a straight face.

"i said and i quote, "god i have a childish girlfriend" and you okay? you seem to fall over a lot"

"that's the first time you've referred to me as your girlfriend, and i never used to, it's all because of you"

"well you are my girlfriend aren't you? and yeah you look at me and faint because of my good looks right?"

"yeah i'm your girlfriend, and yeah keep dreaming michael"

a door opened to the right of them and they both turned to see amie standing there with her hands on her hips.

"i know you kids are 'in love' or whatever you call it these days but some of us oldies are trying to get some sleep so save your sappy shit for a more reasonable time of the day okay?" amie scolded them as she turned on her heel, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

"you pissed my mother off, tut tut" charlie teased him as he grabbed her around the waist and picked her up, throwing her on to the bed when he finally reached her room.

"you pissed her off too, idiot"

"yeah but she's my mother, she has to forgive me, not so much with you though"

charlie loved winding him up, it amused her greatly but she was getting too tired to continue so she climbed under the blankets holding her hands out to michael signalling him to come and cuddle her.

he crossed the room and laid down next to her, his body pressed to hers as he nestled his head into the crook of her neck, as they both slowly fell asleep.

*

the sunlight shone through the window waking them both up as they moved around, wiping the sleep away from their bloodshot eyes.

"wait, what time is it?" michael asked, his voice laced with sleep.

"7" charlie told him and michael almost fell out of the bed.

"in the morning?"

charlie frowned at him before using her both hands to push him backwards laughing when he hit the floor.

"you better run" he told her as she scrambled from the bed and headed towards the stairs but before she could go any further, he grabbed her waist pulling her backwards.

"stop, or my mother will get you" charlie told him as michael finally let her go.

they both walked down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen where they munched on anything they could find, which wasn't much to be honest.

a silence filled the room as they both thought about the inevitable time that they would have to say goodbye, which happened to be tomorrow.

"get dressed, meet me outside in 10 minutes, we have plans today so move your butt okay?" michael told her as she nodded and headed upstairs to get ready.

she never took that long so after she got changed, brushed her teeth and washed, she headed downstairs to meet michael.

they walked hand in hand to a few streets away before heading down a very long driveway and stopping at the front door of the house that was at the end of it.

michael knocked the door, a blonde haired boy answered it, a big smile on his face as he opened the door wider for michael and charlie to both step inside.

"char, this is luke, one of my best friends and fellow band mate" michael introduced her as she shook hands with luke, following him into the basement where she could hear the faint beat of a drum.

"it's nice to meet you luke"bcharlie told him and luke nodded.

"it's nice to meet you too" he replied as he turned the corner revealing the studio like room and charlie noticed the two other boys in the room, one playing the drums explaining the noise she had heard before.

"that is ashton" luke said pointing to the boy playing the drums as he waved quickly at her, "and that is calum." pointing at the other boy who seemed too interested in the film playing on the tv.

"and this is charlie guys." he continued, now addressing the other boys who turned slightly and nodded.

"we know." they both said before turning their attention back to what they were doing before.

charlie felt out of her comfort zone as michael left her alone to talk to luke at the back of the room and when she noticed him and luke sneaking glances at her, she knew they were talking about her.

she moved around the room, making it look like she was interested in the gadgets around the room. she walked up to ashton as she could hear luke and michael from there.

"you like her don't you?" she heard luke ask but she saw michael shake his head.

"nah, i love her, i've never felt this way about anyone before" her heart warmed at the words michael had just spoke and she was about to move back to where she was standing before when she heard her name mentioned again.

"have you asked charlie to come on tour with us yet?" she heard luke ask as she frowned to herself, turning to look at ashton who appeared to have the same look as her. well, at least she wasn't the only one listening to their conversation.

"not going to," michael replied and charlie felt her heart drop.

ashton tapped her hand causing her to look at him as he sent her a sympathetic look.

"i'm sure he doesn't mean it in the way you're thinking," ashton told her and she felt reassured for a moment before she continued listening to their conversation.

"why not? how is this going to work if she's here and you're not?" luke asked him.

"because it'll be too much for me to handle, i can't cope with a tour, you guys and her," michael replied, "but i don't want to leave her either."

"then leave her decide what she wants to do."

"fine."

charlie looked back at ashton who gave her a smile, almost as if to say 'i told you so' but charlie couldn't get rid of the feeling that was in the pit of her stomach.

the feeling of being unwanted, she felt like if luke hadn't mentioned her going on tour with them, he wouldn't have thought twice about it and he would have left her behind.

and that feeling killed her.