06 ➵ jobs

06 jobs

michael scrolled through the list of careers that his sim could have and he sighed louder than he needed to when he reached the end of the list.

"what are you even doing? i thought you'd want your sim to follow you and be a 'rockstar' or whatever you call yourself," charlie said, her eyes rolling at his dull expression.

"yeah but sims is a fantasy world so i want my sim to be more ambitious than me, the sim will live out my dream as a regular guy." michael commented as charlie began laughing at him.

michael turned in his seat to glare at her but charlie continued laughing at him, her hands gripping at her aching stomach.

"char, stop laughing at me," michael told her as he crossed his arms over his chest, a frown etched onto his pale face. he ran one of his hands quickly through his red and black hair messing it up even though it still looked perfect before he refolded his arms and continued glaring at her.

"s..sorry, omg.....my stomach hurts," charlie managed to speak in between her fits of giggles.

"it's really not that funny."

"oh but it is, you just used the phrase 'regular guy', that's hilarious."

"whatever."

"whatever basically means you've lost this argument."

"yeah whatever."

she glanced over at michael who was still glaring at her, his arms still folded and she stopped smiling as she held his gaze.

"wait, are you actually mad at me?" charlie wondered out loud as michael relaxed a little, but not much.

he didn't reply.

"because if you are mad at me laughing then i'm really really really really sorry," charlie made a pouting face but michael didn't react at all.

michael could see charlie getting worried but he wanted to let her stir a little more. revenge was definitely sweet.

"i said i was sorry, what else do you want me to do? actually don't answer that, just talk to me?" charlie pleaded as michael tried to hide a smirk.

after a while he couldn't hold his laughter in anymore and he burst out laughing as charlie began looking at him, a confused look on her face.

"what are you laughing at?" charlie asked.

"you."

"wait, why are you laughing at me?" charlie asked again, completely clueless.

"i wasn't mad you idiot, i was messing with you."

"i hate you."

"no you don't char, don't lie to me."

"i hate you michael clifford."

"shut up, you love me really."

everything seemed to slow down in that moment as they both replayed the words in their head. the silence wasn't awkward but it wasn't comfortable either. but still someone needed to end the silence.

"i'll get you back," charlie told him, changing the subject from his earlier words.

"whatever you say."

charlie clicked on her sims job and michael raised an eyebrow at her.

"your sim is joining the police force?" michael observed.

"yeah, i want to be a criminal psychologist in real life and this is the closest my sim can get to it so this will have to do, you still have to pick a job for your sim too," charlie informed him and he nodded.

"my sim will be a fireman."

"oh how wonderful, michael clifford the fireman, good luck with that."