09 ➵ sims flirting

09 sims flirting

charlie stood outside the cafe door, breathing in the cold air as she took a break from the sims game and the game that michael seemed to be playing with her.

one minute they would joke around as friends, the next he was making jokes about her loving him and to be completely honest, she didn't have a clue what was going on. all that she knew was that she liked him, and she liked him in more than the friend type of way but she knew nothing could ever happen.

she knew that after today, she probably wouldn't see him ever again and it gave her a sad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

she took one last breath of fresh air before stepping back inside the cafe watching as michael turned around in his seat to see if it was her, his face lighting up when he saw that it was.

she quickly smiled back but she knew her smile was fake and by the way his face dropped slightly, she knew that he knew too.

"you feeling okay?" michael asked, furrowing his eyebrows in concern as she took her seat next to him not even glancing at the game.

"yeah...just got a headache that's all" charlie said, using the first excuse that came to her head and michael seemed to go along with it.

charlie finally glanced at the game, noticing that hers and michael's sims were now 'romantic interests'.

"michael, care to explain?"

"well you were outside for a while so it's your fault, you should have been here to stop me, oh well."

the humour behind his voice was more than enough to cheer her back up so she was more herself again. she had come to the conclusion that she loved being around him and she never wanted him to leave. but that was just doubting the inevitable.

"so? that doesn't give you the right to make them flirt" charlie teased back but with a slight seriousness to her voice which michael seemed to pick up on.

"usually when people get defensive of something, it's because it's close to the truth"

"and what truth would that be michael?"

"maybe the fact that you're disappointed that we're talking about the game and not real life?"

"we were never talking about the game, let's be honest here, that's what disappoints me."

"what? not talking about the game disappoints you?" michael asked, as charlie sighed. it looked like she was literally going to have to spell it out to him.

"no, what disappoints me is that whatever happens between our sims now will never happen to us in real life" charlie explained, her gaze dropping to the floor as everything fell into place.

michael wanted to tell her he felt the same but when he opened his mouth, no words came out.