17 ➵ day five

17 day five

michael didn't really have any other plans that they could refer too, he never fully planned the week and now he was panicking. he didn't want to waste his only chance to prove to her how good they could actually be together. he wanted them to at least have a fighting chance.

it was late when they finished bowling so michael decided to take her back to his house so that she could finally see his entire home, not just the living room where they danced the last time. he grabbed charlie's hand as he practically dragged her into his house. charlie seemed to hesitate and michael noticed because he stopped to look at her before he tried persuading her that everything was fine.

"what's wrong?" he asked her, prompting her to talk to him.

"i'm at your house," she said and michael just looked at her as though she had just talked in a foreign language.

"and?"

"you know..."

michael stared at her as he tried to piece together what she was trying to say and when it hit him, he began laughing much to charlie's dismay.

"michael, it's not funny." she warned him and he stopped laughing almost immediately, a look of concern taking over his face.

"i know, i'm sorry okay? nothing is going to happen, not like that anyway" michael reassured her but charlie still looked unsure.

"really? then why come here knowing your parents are out?"

"so i don't have to explain what we are because let's be honest, we don't even know ourselves"

charlie sighed heavily showing michael that she had finally given up, and he smiled at her before once again, grabbing her hand and leading her through the house and out into the back garden.

"michael, i'm tired, and it's midnight, and now i'm outside, what the hell are we doing?" charlie asked, as she complained about the cold even though it was still fairly warm out.

"climb in to the tree house and go to sleep then char, i'm not stopping you."

charlie looked up to the tree in front of her and smiled at the sight. a small treehouse was lit up with a single fluorescent light that was placed outside the door.

"let's go." charlie said as she pushed michael up first as he gave her his hand so that he could pull her up.

charlie lost her footing and fell backwards, michael moving over slightly so once again, she fell on top of him. he laughed at her before giving her a hug and placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"we really should stop meeting like this" charlie told him as michael shook his head.

"i disagree, i like seeing you on top of me" he joked as charlie looked at him with a disgusted face.

"gross, shut up you idiot."

they both began laughing at michael's comment as they both laid down, their bodies barely inches apart as michael shuffled closer to her.

"i love you" michael breathed out as charlie grabbed his arm and put it underneath her shoulders as she rested her head on his chest, her heart beating faster at his outburst.

"what?" charlie asked him to ensure she had heard him right.

"i know you heard me, but i'll say it again, just for you, i love you, i'm in love with you charlie temple" michael said again as charlie kissed him on the lips, taking him by surprise.

"i'm in love with you too michael clifford, so you best not break my heart okay?"

"i wouldn't dream of it"

she snuggled in closer to him as they both fell asleep in each others arm, something they could both get used to.