13 ➵ day one

13 day one

she waited patiently that morning for him to arrive, her eyes flickering every few seconds at the clock on the wall behind her. he was already 10 minutes late and she was beginning to worry.

yeah, she hadn't known him very long but in the time that she did know him, she knew that he was never late, not without good reason so she clung on to that.

half an hour had gone by before he knocked on her door repeatedly, shouting his apologies through the letterbox.

"how dare you stand me up clifford" she yelled at him as she opened the door, her eyes squinting at him to show her anger.

michael didn't know what to say so instead, he just stood there as her facade dropped and she began laughing.

"gotcha, your face though, that was priceless"

"i hate you, char"

"no you don't, you love me that's why you're here"

"yeah yeah whatever you say"

charlie laughed at his childishness, even though secretly she loved seeing this side of him, something she would never admit directly to him.

"shall we get going then?" michael asked and she nodded her head, tucking her arm through his as they walked out of the door arm in arm.

they walked in silence for several moments before charlie saw the ferrari parked in front of her. her mouth fell open as she stared blankly at michael who was standing next to her, the keys to her favourite car just dangling from his index finger.

"i hired your favourite car, you can drive it" michael told her and she felt like she would burst at the seams, although she didn't recall ever telling michael that it was indeed her favourite car.

"wait how did you know that it was my favourite car?" charlie asked him as michael opened the drivers side for her to slide in as he walked around the other side getting into the passenger seat.

"i asked your bestfriend"

"wait, how the hell do you know my best friend?"

"your best friend has recently started dating my best friend, well one of them anyway"

"so aria is dating one of your best friends, so luke is your best friend?"

"yes"

"small world huh?"

"sure is, sure is" michael replied as charlie was overwhelmed by the whole thing in fact, it was all too much for her to handle. "wait so why haven't you met luke before?"

"aria has a lot of boyfriends, she tends to move on pretty quickly so she's never with them long enough for me to meet them."

michael nodded in understanding though he was starting to worry for his best friend.

"why are you doing all of this? material things aren't going to make me suddenly fall head over heels although i'm a part of the way there" charlie asked him, but michael's heart almost stopped beating when charlie admitted her feelings for him and yes he returned those feelings, but he just couldn't convey them to her, he found it too difficult.

"material things are not my way of trying to get you to fall 'head over heels' over me, i'm trying to make this week memorable"

"memorable?"

"yeah, i'm trying to make all of your dreams come true as cheesy as that sounds, in just seven days, impossible I know but i can try"

"why would you do that though?"

"because i want you to remember me when i leave, i don't want you to move on without a second thought for me, i want to show you how much i want you to be waiting for me when i return" michael admitted as charlie brought him into a tight hug.

they sat there in an embrace for what seemed like forever before charlie leaned down and pressed a kiss to his chapped lips before whispering the words he had been waiting to hear.

"this week doesn't have to be some extraordinary display of things you can buy or show me, i want you, i want us, i want us to cuddle up on the sofa watching stupid films while stuffing our faces with ice cream. i want to stay up all night and talk to you, find out your likes and dislikes, find out your fears, your strengths, your weaknesses, your flaws, your traits, everything. you are what makes this week memorable, nothing else matters, as long as me and you get to spend this time together, i'll be here when you get back because i will never be able to forget you michael clifford and i never ever want to"