20 ➵ tour

20 tour

charlie left the house, standing outside as she told herself to shape up before heading home. michael needed to talk to the band anyway, he needed to properly sort out the tour and that had nothing to do with her at all.

she was almost to her house when she heard someone calling her name and when she turned, she saw a very flustered michael behind her, it looked like he had run to catch up with her.

"what?" she asked, her voice sounding harsher than she intended it too.

"i need to ask you something." he said as he struggled to catch his breath even though luke's house was barely even five minutes away.

"go on then." she persuaded him as he sent her a confused look, probably because she seemed angry with him even though, in reality she wasn't.

"will you come on tour with me and the guys?"

charlie shook her head before turning away to walk to her house but michael grabbed her hand.

"whats the matter with you?" he asked, his index finger going underneath her chin so that she was looking at him and he could see that she was upset but he didn't have a clue why, not that she was the easiest person to get the answer out of.

"you're only asking me that because ashton probably told you i was listening to your conversation earlier" she replied, the sarcasm evident in her voice.

"wait..what? what conversation did you hear?"bmichael questioned, completely confused to her comment.

"i heard you and luke talking and how you wasn't going to ask me to go on tour with you, well what changed?"

michael grabbed her shoulders before pressing her chest to his as he tightly hugged her, reassuring her that everything was okay. she seemed to calm down at his touch although she knew she shouldn't be angry at him, i mean who could be angry at michael? one look and she had forgiven him, it didn't take much but she just assumed that was because she loved him so much.

"yeah, trust me, it wasn't like what it sounded"

charlie laughed and michael panicked at her reaction but as she grabbed his hand, he knew that she was fine.

"hey i do trust you, you idiot, just explain it to me"

he smiled at her before he explained everything. most people in her situation would have just overreacted but he was glad she wasn't one of those people.

"at first, i admit that i didn't want you coming on tour with us which honestly does sound quite bad considering you're my girlfriend, but i see how close you are to everyone here, you'll miss them so much and you won't be happy being away from them for months on end, plus you'll have attention from fans and we haven't been in a relationship that long so i don't want it to ruin us, i want you to be hap-", charlie cut off his rambling by pressing her soft lips to his chapped ones as her hands wrapped around his neck pulling him down to her height.

when they broke apart, they rested their foreheads together, both breathing heavily as they just stared at each other, enjoying the silence between them in that moment.

"when you said 'at first', does that mean you want me to go now?" charlie asked, hope lighting up her eyes, she would love nothing more than travelling through countries with her boyfriend and his best friends.

"yeah, i mean, don't feel like you have to just because i'm asking you, it has to be what you want" he replied taking her hand in his and leading her to a few doors down where her house was.

"i want to go, i really do but it's too short notice to just tell my mother, 'oh yeah by the way, i'm going on tour with my boyfriend for a couple of months, see you when i get back' and then just leave, i can't do that, it's not fair" charlie explained but michael understood, of course he did but he couldn't help but feel disappointed at the fact that she wasn't going.

"hey, it's fine, hang on...technically we aren't leaving the country for another two weeks yet, so why don't you join us then? that gives you two weeks to sort everything out here before you leave" michael suggested as charlie's face lit up at the idea.

"yeah that could work" she told him as they sat down on the sofa, talking their way into the night.

*

it was reaching 3am in the morning when michael woke up to his phone ringing. he jumped up when he saw the time as he realised that they had to leave now and when a loud beep came from outside, he knew he had to say goodbye to charlie.

he gently shook her awake, her eyes flickering to his figure that was standing over her and suddenly she was up like a shot. she knew she had to say goodbye too, even if it was for two weeks, two weeks was a long time without the one person who made it worthwhile in the first place.

she grabbed his hand as he walked towards the door as she pulled him into a tight embrace, one that they never wanted to leave.

"i'll miss you, even if it is only two weeks till i see you next" michael whispered to her as she snuggled further into his chest.

"i'll miss you more trust me, you'll be too busy with the band" she replied not really thinking about what she was saying.

"i'm never too busy for the girl i love okay?"

"okay"

they looked at each other, sadness evident on both of their faces as they moved closer, their lips meeting in one last finally kiss until they saw each other in two weeks.

they broke apart as michael stepped out into the night, making his way slowly to the car waiting for him.

he turned back to wave at charlie shouting to her through the night, "i love you, forever and always"

"i love you more, and i always will"

and with that, michael got into the car and drove off, leaving a very sad charlie behind.

she had barely shut the door when a text came through on her phone,

michael: miss you already:(

she smiled sadly at the text he had sent her, but she quickly typed a message back,

charlie: miss you even more:(

and she meant it, now that michael wasn't here with her, her house and life seemed somewhat empty.