16 ➵ day four

16 day four

"what would you like to do today? it can be anything you like" michael told her although the truth was, he was quickly running out of ideas and he was secretly hoping that she wasn't one of those girls who said 'i don't mind' and she didn't disappoint him.

"bowling, let's go bowling", she said as michael smiled at her, he was so thankful that she had come up with an idea because otherwise he would have been screwed.

he placed his arm around her shoulders as her arm snaked around his waist as they began walking the short distance to the nearby bowling alley.

"i know that i promised to give you the best week ever but i can't give that to you if we just ignore the elephant in the room" michael said breaking the silence as charlie sighed, this wasn't the time or place to bring up this discussion.

"can we not talk about it right now?" charlie pleaded but michael stopped walking and waited for her to turn back and look at him.

"we have to, i'm leaving in three days char, we can't just ignore that or don't you care about what's going to happen?" michael questioned her but she shrugged her shoulders in confusion.

"we can ignore it."

"what? do you think that if we ignore it, it'll go away? because it doesn't work like that"

"don't be so stupid, of course i don't think that michael'

"really? because it seems that way"

"what does it matter? you're leaving me anyway" charlie raised her voice at him which caused michael to stare at her.

he didn't know she felt like that, he didn't want to abandon her, he didn't, he cared about her way too much to hurt her like that.

"you know that i'm not leaving just to get away from you right?" michael asked, double checking as he grabbed her hand, bringing it up to his mouth and kissing it, "please, char, answer me."

"of course i know that" she admitted, looking up at him with a timid look on her face, "i'm sorry that i'm overreacting but you're leaving and i'm staying here, it's a scary thought especially when we don't know where we stand with each other."

"we'll just have to figure out where we stand with each other before i leave then" michael suggested and she nodded, entering the bowling alley before grabbing shoes for her and michael.

"now let's forget about this for today, let's just enjoy our day, we have to make as many memories as we can" charlie told him, taking his hand and leading them both to their bowling lane, quickly setting up the game and getting started.

he took the first turn, easily getting a strike and taking the lead in the game. he turned to smirk at her, as she picked up the bowling ball and flung it down the bowling alley completely missing all of the pins as michael just laughed at her.

"that was rubbish, can't you bowl?" michael questioned her.

"can't you dance?" she quickly retorted and he raised his hands up in defeat.

"fine, come here," he motioned for her to walk over to him and she did just that, confusion written all over her face.

"why?" she finally asked, looking up to michael as michael leaned down towards her, pausing when his lips were about a centimetre away from hers.

"you taught me how to dance, well tried, so now it's my turn to teach you something and that something is going to be bowling," michael told her as he finally moved away causing charlie to groan involuntarily at his actions.

"are you kidding me?" she said as michael shrugged his shoulders at her.

charlie walked towards him grabbing his face and pulling it down to her level before she pressed her lips against his. they kissed for what seemed like forever, although in reality it was just a couple of minutes before they broke away.

"don't tease me clifford, or i will kick your ass."