Chapter 20 Activation

In a central security room awash in the glow of hundreds of monitors, far below the frozen Alaskan tundra, a man sat. He was flipping through the cameras on the lowest level, his eyes glazed and his every motion abrupt, and uncoordinated.

He found the command system that required a special password in order to view the special cameras in the deepest cells. He paused, staring at the screen, his fingers hovering above the keyboard. He didn't know the password.

"Hidden keys. Hidden cell. So small, so simple. Unlock my disease, open my hell."

He heard the strange rhyme deep in his innermost thoughts, his fingers moving as it told him the password. Then one hundred of the monitors changed, each one now showing an image of a great, white beast, asleep their glass chambers.

There was a single button lit up underneath each image. "Activation." His fingers flew over the keys, rapidly selecting the Activation button. Then, he set to work, entering the unique password required for each one of the chambers, as recited by the strange voice.

When it was done, he turned logged out of the lowest level system, turned off the monitors, and stood, his eyes beginning to clear, his motions becoming smoother. He looked around the room in confusion, wondering why all of the monitors were off. He sat down, intently focused on turning them back on, as he held his position as captain of the guards very seriously.